wilwood caliper setup on 280 brakes

vpolo

mk2 golf gti 280mm midilite kit is the one you need matt from rally design, the discs that come with the kit arnt the right ones so you have to ask for the g60 280mm by 22mm discs, the discs that they sell with the kit are to wide hope this helps

Me!

Midilite calipers.

The mk2 Golf 280mm vented kit from Rallydesign, however, they sent the wrong discs with the kit, as they have the wrong one listed for some reason, and they won't change it apparently. :wacko: I think the mk1 Golf kit should come with the correct G60 discs.

I think all that is correct, I didn't order or fit them, so don't just take my word for it before splashing out!

Me!

Midilite calipers.

The mk2 Golf 280mm vented kit from Rallydesign, however, they sent the wrong discs with the kit, as they have the wrong one listed for some reason, and they won't change it apparently. :wacko: I think the mk1 Golf kit should come with the correct G60 discs.

I think all that is correct, I didn't order or fit them, so don't just take my word for it before splashing out!

how well do they work ? iam defo going to be needing some stoping power !!

matt

They're great.

I really need to go out and give them a proper test. I keep forgetting I have them. :lol:

No idea on the lug mounts, told you everything I know. :lol:

They're great.

I really need to go out and give them a proper test. I keep forgetting I have them. :lol:

No idea on the lug mounts, told you everything I know. :lol:

ok cheers :D if any one knows which lug i need please post up cheers matt

What kind of price was that kit? I'm looking into getting the Tarox 6 pot kit but it's not exactly cheap :lol:

Anyone got the tarox?

the tarox is 2 k on one site :s

the willword kit will change in price as it doesnt have certain parts

matt

I was quoted £799 without vat at Awesome at the weekend, think it was about £960 with vat.....saving £300 is very tempting although not at the expense of less braking.....think they'll be any clearance issues on either caliper with bathursts? (sorry for hijacking your thread)

Ed

I have a pair of Midilite calipers sitting in my garage if anyone is interested and would like to make a offer. I removed them from my old Scirocco when I was breaking it, unfortunately the pikey's removed it before I had time to remove the discs and brackets. They have done less than 300 miles and come with braided hoses and pads !

With the calipers, carriers, discs, pads, hoses, and fluid I paid a shade under £600, but that was with discount for buying two sets.

we're the hoses you got the same fitment as the GTi or did you have to get something custom made?

The calliper takes 1/8 -27 NPT thread.

The brake kit comes with a NPT - M10x1 adaptor. So all you need to do is have a hose made with M10x1 at both ends, 1 fixed 1 swivel. Hose length should be 16inch.

Phil's hose are slightly different due to time constraints, his are all goodridge re-usable fittings.

1/8 -27 NPT - -6JIC adaptor, then a -6jic fitting on 16inch of hose and a M10x1 fitting at the other end.

The calliper takes 1/8 -27 NPT thread.

The brake kit comes with a NPT - M10x1 adaptor. So all you need to do is have a hose made with M10x1 at both ends, 1 fixed 1 swivel. Hose length should be 16inch.

Phil's hose are slightly different due to time constraints, his are all goodridge re-usable fittings.

1/8 -27 NPT - -6JIC adaptor, then a -6jic fitting on 16inch of hose and a M10x1 fitting at the other end.

cheers for this its a great help as we'll be getting some kits set up :)

Only kit I want to hear about from you is Jenvey ITB's and Motec management

Only kit I want to hear about from you is Jenvey ITB's and Motec management

We will have a Jenvey kit sorted soon. The team will be working on the inlet manifold as soon as they get my exhaust manifold and system sorted.. :P

We'll probably be offering them with Emerald ECU's as we have some contacts for them already..