Overheating AGAIN

LUKEY BOI

Has any1 had overheating issues with their lupo i know its not headgasket its not leaking water and their is no gunk under oil cap or dipstick.

Also the fan doesnt cut in but it does work as i bridged the connections also the thermostat has been changed.

Could it be sender for the fan ?

Or rad blocked ie the rads not getting hot enough to tell the fan to kick in.

Any ideas please thanks

Has any1 had overheating issues with their lupo i know its not headgasket its not leaking water and their is no gunk under oil cap or dipstick.

Also the fan doesnt cut in but it does work as i bridged the connections also the thermostat has been changed.

Could it be sender for the fan ?

Or rad blocked ie the rads not getting hot enough to tell the fan to kick in.

Any ideas please thanks

temp sender probs!

if waterpumps tend to fail,they either become noisy or collapse altogether(which would be very bad!!!) wack a tempsender in first (about 25 quid vag,or cheaper non gen)rule that out,then remove both hoses and stick a running hose pipe into the top hose you will then see if the rad is blocked by the flow out of the bottom of the rad.if you have had the thermostat replaced and the fan works when tested and have replaced the temp sender you may be looking at head gasket failure causing an airlock and not getting hot enuf to kick the fan in,this however is a worst case senario!!!

hope this helps!

You wont get coolant in the oil if its head gasket, oil pressure is greater than water pressure so if anything, you'd get oil in the coolant.

If you remove the top radiator pipe and have a feel to see if there's any gunk inside.

You don't need oil in the water or the other way around for a blown headgasket. Could have gone between the cylinders and the coolant passages. Water pumps are ****e, impellors are plastic and are very very brittle, could have easilly broken up. If the rad is not getting hot, check thermostat then water pump.

Edited by 99hjhm

A temp sensor will not cause a car to over heat... That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!

The waterpumps don't make any sound at all when they fail... They are more common to fail than the thermostats are, but if you're gonna be having the pump done, you may as well get another thermostat and brand new coolant at the same time!

A temp sensor will not cause a car to over heat... That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!

No but it could cause the temp guage to display the wrong temp, leading to the op thinking the car is overheating.

99% of the time, a knackered temp sensor will cause the temp gauge to read lower than it actually is.

The other 1% it just wouldn't read anything at all on the temp gauge.

And 86% of statistics are made up on the spot ;)

I have the experience and knowledge to give those statistics... Unlike half the stupid 'Guesswork' that goes on around this forum.