Heated wing mirrors

LUPOES

Does the Lupo GTI have heated mirrors as standard? I am guessing it does.

They are optional on some newer cars so I want to know if I need to get them on my next car.

Are heated mirrors really necessary do you reckon?

I think they were fitted to cars that have electric mirrors, and as has been said, they only come on with the rear heated screen. As to if they're useful, they're ok if you forget to scrape the frost off in the winter. I don't really use them on the lupo cos it doesn't do long trips, but i find them useful for clearing off spray when on the motorway.

Thanks for the replies. I rarely use the rear windscreen de-mister anyway so I don't think the mirrors being heated is too important. As one of my mates said, the more stuff in the wing mirrors (heated, electric, electric folding, indicators etc) the more expensive they are to replace when they get knocked off or broken by another car!

I haven't gone for heated mirrors anyway now. My Lupo is still for sale and is in the "for sale" section of this site.

Cheers.

Mirrors on the Lupo are weak.

The ones on the Polo 9N (2002-2005) are tough, I've had two incidents in two years with them and they still work 100%.

One was I got too confident with the diameters of my car and ended up smashing into a bollard at 20mph on a restricted width road. The plastic cover came off but there was no damage, it just popped back on, tough as you like. Electric mirrors and heaters still worked.

Another incident included a van driver thinking he had the right of way, he decided to floor it, his wing mirror smashed into my wing mirror. His one fell off and mine didn't budge, I laughed for the rest of the day.

You really need plastic covers these days in London.

The newer Polo (2006-2009) have gone back to weak, who's bright idea was it to stick the signal light on the mirror instead of the wing.

Edited by Niche