Part Ex tunned car...

SiiMo

Hi all,

I'm thinking of trading in my car, It has some engine mods mainly a 60bhp increase...

The dealer doesn't know this, do i have to tell them about the mods or should they check the car before agreeing to any deal as i dont want them ringing me up weeks after the deal has been done.

Thanks

You don't have to tell them but if you do, they'll want to give you less for the car.

Don't take any sh*t cos I've seen dealers selling remapped cars for more than they'd sell a standard one!

Thanks, i don't think i will tell them then :)

Will take off any other mods i can sell and just leave the exhaust & engine mods..

the remap can be 'turned off' i believe

when Dave (who came to ed38 with me last year) bought his 2.0 TDi Leon, it had been re-mapped by Revo but then when it got traded back in to the Seat dealers it was "turned off". After buying it he took it to his nearest Revo dealer and they put the map back on FOC.

contact whoever mapped the car, see what they can do :)

when Dave (who came to ed38 with me last year) bought his 2.0 TDi Leon, it had been re-mapped by Revo but then when it got traded back in to the Seat dealers it was "turned off". After buying it he took it to his nearest Revo dealer and they put the map back on FOC.

Dealers can't 'Turn off' remaps. They would simply re-flash the ECU with any updated versions of the software which in turn returns the ECU software to Stock.

what the point in taking the map off, in reality your average joe aint gonna know if it mapped or not, if you dont tell em

gonna be pretty pissed if they ever pay to get the car re-mapped. :lol:

Dealers can't 'Turn off' remaps. They would simply re-flash the ECU with any updated versions of the software which in turn returns the ECU software to Stock.

For sure.. I was just typing quickly in simple terms. :)

What you trading up for ?

Going down the diesel route this time, Fabia VRS want something less fuel hungry :)

Its from a Fiat dealer so they wont have anyway of flashing the ecu

Will check what the company that mapped it say too :)

Edited by SiiMo

contact whoever mapped the car, see what they can do :)

Called the people that mapped it and they will return it to standard for free :) cheers

Didn't you think of going over to a 160 Ibiza TDI? :(

Yeah but the price put me off in the end as it was quite alot more for the same millage :( a remap is on the cards so will be around 170bhp :)

Edited by SiiMo

I'd like to know how the insurers would know it's re-mapped!

Depending on who'se mapped it, it's quite easy. Cross check the VIN number with the dealers and find out what the Checksum should read, then plug the car into VCDS or VAS and find out what the checksum actually reads!