Weird door problem

GtiJames

Today my gti has added another minor problem to it's already quite impressive list.... When I shut the drivers side door it makes a strange noise similar to when you twang a spring, sounds like its coming from near the wheelarch. Anyone got any ideas?

sounds silly but just check the bolts on the straps first. Mine made a horrible noise but just needed a little tightening and some more lube, all good

Edited by hunid-brake

I need to replace my door straps, both my doors have started clicking and squeaking when I open of close them. :angry:

Is it easy enough to do? and how much are they?

Edited by zilpha

I need to replace my door straps, both my doors have started clicking and squeaking when I open of close them. :angry:

Is it easy enough to do? and how much are they?

sooo easy, from vw i think they are about £15 per side, and each one has 2 or 3 bolts you have to undo! just have a good look at them and they are self explanitory (prob spelt wrong) :lol: to fit, i did both of mine with the smallest ammount of mechanical knowledge in about 20 minutes tops.

hope this helps. D