Tricky88's GTI

Tricky88

• 1 month later...

Now the weathers improving im using the car a bit more and decided to keep her and have done a few bits...

removed, rubbed down and re-painted my whiteline ARB gloss red as it was a bit rusty:

IMG_3036.jpg

Planning on having a remap so thought id ensure all the foundations are good.

Had gearbox removed and rebuilt and turns out it was JUST in time before the box was a write off. If you have a gti this may be of interest to you...

Excuse my lack of technical detail/knowledge but VW know about a common prob with GTI boxes where the bolts or rivets around the inside of casing come loose and when free damage the casing beyond repair. They provided my garage with a modification kit which prevents this happening so if you are having any work done to your gearbox this is a seriously worthwhile mod and wasn't expensive. But all sorted now and can really feel a nice smooth difference now:

IMG_3018.jpg

Brand new Sachs clutch, old one has clearly been ridden like a cheap .... previously:

IMG_3017.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

i know, my garage was shocked but VW knew straight away and had the mod kit on the shelf. all good now. Just hope people realise and listen out for noises etc, my bill wasnt too bad but try finding a 6-speed box...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...