Ross' black Lupo GTI - with added slammed Beetle content

RossB

Spy, it's hard to say really, as I've always ran stretched tyres to some degree, and without that stretch my wheels wouldn't have fitted. I think your best option is to have a search on here to find out what size spacers people have used to space out the standard Bathurst wheels, I know there are such threads but I can't remember what sizes people use off the top of my head, but it should give you a much better idea of what's possible when running no/minimal stretch, and then of course you can put that info into willtheyfit.com, and compare any potential wheels to it :) .

Vpolo, they are a bit on the bright side! I actually wanted to get them redone in chrome powdercoat, or if not that then probably a slightly darker shade of red, but didn't have the monies so just had to leave them as they are.

• 3 months later...

No updates on the Lupo, but I do have a new lady in my life, she goes by the name of Lola and she's a '66 Beetle.

null_zpse181916f.jpgnull_zps03467b6c.jpg

I may have to raise her a little though as she destroyed a cats eye on the way home from picking her up , and generally the front beam regularly meets the road.

Cheers guys, it does sit well but I think I'm gonna have to bring the front up slightly, it's brutal!

Hoping to clean it soon and get some better pictures :)

It was repainted a couple of years ago in it's original colour which if I remember rightly is 'L366 Blau', can't seem to find anything out about it online though.

Love that bug, seen it at a few shows! I think it might be L633 Blue, if not it's very similar, and searches seem to bring up a lot of '67 models painted in it and mine was registered in late '66.

• 3 weeks later...