Ross' black Lupo GTI - with added slammed Beetle content

RossB

Cheers guys, I'm in love with them!

Only got the one built up so far, I coated them in Gtechniq C5 first which took quite a while but hopefully should help keep them clean.

Edited by RossB

Awesome Ross :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Built and sealed :) . Booked Thursday off work so I can get the tyres fitted, and then fit them... Excited! Oh and I now have a notched chassis so I'm gonna be having a play with the ride height on Thursday too ;)

image_zpsfb2408fa.jpg

image_zpsae882230.jpg

Edited by RossB
  • Like 1

E0B6182A-A630-45D1-AB45-DA8D36992086-188

86CEF52B-0ABE-43D8-B5EB-BA1E59079813-188

63FFCBC7-C8EA-4E49-BBB9-93EABD4797BD-188

Everything almost went brilliantly. Loving the fitment, managed to use my 12mm spacers on the rear and it doesn't rub even with it being lowered more (put my Weitec springs back in with no adjusters). I wound the front down 8 turns on the drivers side, I then came to do my last corner of the car, front passenger side, and my coilover adjuster is completely seized on, and I've also damaged it with the C spanner trying to move it, so I need a new one :( . So the car is lop sided for the time being!

On the plus side, the car is lower, fitment is good, I seem to have eliminated all rubbing and driveshaft knocking, and I've had no more trouble with speed bumps than I did before.... Win :) . It was actually worse when I'd neglected my tyre pressures on the Mono's and they were really low (whoops), the bumper was often catching speed bumps.

So my setup is now:

BBS RS033

Fronts - 7.5J, ET21

Rears - 8J, 12mm spacers, ET3

Bridgestone Potenza RE040 165/50/r15 all round

Rolled rear arches, -1 degree camber on the front, around -3/4 degrees rear

Wow, thanks Joe, means a lot :) . I don't think it's up there with the show standard GTI's though, but I am a bit obsessed with fitment/stance and really wanted to get it right. Makes or breaks the car for me.

Great work Ross, as previopusly said the research into fitment was well worth while. I did the same with my RM's (same size and similar offsets) had loads of notes and calculations working out what would be best. Its great to know how a wheel will look when its fitted even before they are built!

Top work mate!

Alex

Thanks for the comments! It's not the best GTI on the forum because for a start the general condition of the bodywork isn't show standard like some on here, I'm flattered though none the less!!

DB4B93F5-B3A7-4CB2-A9A6-68C9605F34A1-200