I got my new sexy D3000

hunid-brake

I just got myself my very first DSLR and ive gone for the entry level Nikon D3000 18-55mm VR lens kit. Its soooooo sweet. Really made up with it as coming from a user of ultra compact digital cameras, this DSLR is a real step up in quality. Took loads of pics today but 3 with the car in so i thought id post em up. Bearing in mind this is the first time ive ever used a DSLR.

Oh and PS yes my car has been in a little front end bump, but its ok cus shes being fixed on the 4th May :D . Let us know what you think of the pics.

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

Im particularly fond of this one :) VVVVVVVVVVVVV

DSC_0042.jpg]

Edited by hunid-brake

some nob head went to pull out at a junction as nothing was coming and proceeded to slam the anchors on half way through doing so :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: gutted as ive now lost my NCB so insurance will be high. :( Never mind its all being fixed and Hobbes will be spankin again.

Edited by hunid-brake

exactly what i said. i even had photos to prove his car position and he admitted to my insurer that i didnt shunt his car forward. He was waiting at the end of the road until i got in my car then he pulled out in front of me, got to the junction and then it happened. He was in a company car, went to A&E where they gave him ibuprofen and he went back to work the next day. Now the prick wants £1000 compo for whiplash. joke. Oh and yeh lovin the camera, even a novice can take nice pics

Ooh! Playtime!

I was advised when I first played with an SLR or manual settings on any camera take a pic on AUTO first and then play with the settings.

It's better now that we've gone digital, but it means if you are actually taking a photo for a memory you will at least have one which will be acceptable.

If you are playing it lets you see what settings the camera recommends and then lets you play accordingly.

Enjoy!

yeah really blown away. easy to use and pretty compact for a dslr so easy carrying it about. like you said it can make every pic look good and sounds weird but.... they look like you see from your eyes.

if that makes any sense, but pics and therefore memories are more tangible. immediately one of my favorite purchases.

Aww man sucks about the car, thought it was some funky mod before I read it! lol

The guy you hit sounded like he was after some claims? Kill him! Loving the pics, how high res do these pics go? I am looking for 1920x1080 for wallpapers! :)

Hey dude, congrats on your camera, very sorry to hear about your car/ncb. hope it gets well soon

Aww man sucks about the car, thought it was some funky mod before I read it! lol

The guy you hit sounded like he was after some claims? Kill him! Loving the pics, how high res do these pics go? I am looking for 1920x1080 for wallpapers! :)

Dude send me your email and i can send some hi res pics to you. Ive got em blown up as wallpaper on my big iMac and they are crystal. :)

And cheers everyone for the best wishes regarding my car. He was totally up for a claim, firstly he was waiting at the end of the road and just so happened to start up and pull away just in front of me, and i was the first car to come down the road in a while. Secondly, it was a company car so he had no reason to give a hoot about it, and with everyone facing hard times an easy grand sounds nice huh?! Oh and theres the fact he slammed his brakes on when there was nothing coming AFTER committing to pulling out. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

as you can see the res is pretty good with sharp images, ooooh plus when we have our next meet i can take some proper good pics and make u a personal one.

Edited by hunid-brake