Taking the centre consol apart?

Have done search and found nothing.

Can any body tell me how to get the bit that surounds the cd player / cupholder off?

Tried pulling up the edges, really didnt want budge, do I have to remove the head unit and cupholder parts to get it off?

Thanks for any help :)

Remove the HU/cubbyhole.

Undo two screws, one on either side.

Pull the center console, hard.

There are metal pressure clips holding them in, so you won't break them.

Oh, yeah, MAY be one at the back :)

im painting mine atm, took it of today, 3 screws, u will have to take your head unit out anyway to pull it of, and cupholders, 1 screw deep in the back at the bottom and 1 either side at just inside, there toque head screws to, t25 i think but not certain, if needs be ill go out to car and find out for u if u dont have a set of those bits,,

what colour u doing them, ive taken out the top hi frequency speakers to and the grills are going silver and the dash and left and right vents im doing red,

ow hell dont take that top bit of, i did today and it plastic welded before the whole dash is put in, its was a nightmare to put back in, had to chop plastic bits and to get back in, i realsied today why not many pics on here ive seen of the top done lol, dont forget to post pics, tempted to see how u get on,,,,

with the cage for cd player grab a small flat head screwy and pull the metal fins back, watch your hands to as there always sharp bits in there, as for the cup holder im not sure how that comes out as i dont have one yet, im sure it would just pull out or be on clips,,

• 3 weeks later...

sorry if ive miss read this thread but can someone tell me how to remove the two heater covers at both ends of the dash please?

and with the top part of the centre console, does it just pull out and you deal with the consequences?

thanks alot

matt

Drivers side you need push the light switch in and twist clockwise (as if to turn the headlights on) then pull out. Disconnect the headlight switch from the loom, there is a single Torx screw behind the switch.

Alex

• 2 months later...

so the part where the headunit is, is separate to the 't-piece' right at the front of the dash?

Yes, and it's plastic welded onto the top of the dash.