27" iMac

BaileyVW

Thought id treat myself yesterday :) popped to the apple store in newcastle and bought one :)...

Liking it so far, theres just sooo much screen its crazy :)... anyone else beastin one of these machines??? and whats your opinions on em :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have one of these at home - they're awesome- but then I've long since been a big fan of Macs (and a fan of Big Macs too) as I use a mac every day at work.

I've used them on and off for years, started out on a mac plus with 2.5mb ram and a 20mb HD.

I've had a mini for ages, just not really used it much, and then only as a client. Just started looking after a lab of them at work, and has to be said, for all it's nice construction and user friendly OS, i think they've got a lot to learn from MS in terms of running a server OS.

Still, it's a nice looking server ;)

i got the brand new 24" version. Still sweet as **** and when ya sat right next to the big bright LED back lit screen, it really is adequate size. I contemplated on getting the 27" but saved the money and got a Nikon DSLR for taking beaut pics to look at on the 24" lol. Never go back to MS, ever

The past two days i've been mucking about with the voice recognition programme built in on the mac :) so i can control it with my voice rather then keyboard and mouse hahaha.... its crazy used an applescript to run my itunes so i can say play "artist name" and "song" and it will play it....

just wish it wasn't programmed to an american voice, it seems to find it hard to understand my geordie accent hahaha :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I keep thinking about getting a new one but I really don't need one. All I do is browse the web and my current Mac is massively over kill for that already.

that's hardly the point with apple stuff though is it?

if you can afford it then do it. apple kit is more about wanting than needing!