iPad elite - gather in here please!

Adam K

Right then. I was given an iPad (16Gb) for my 40th birthday yesterday. I have successfully got on line with it, but when I come onto CL, I cannot type anything in the reply box when I tap in it. Any ideas?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, comes up straight away when I tap the reply box.

That is the entirity of my technical knowledge and advice on the subject, I'm afraid.

Edited by Philplop

It briefly dispalys the cursor, then it disappears. It only happens on here too.

Other than that it seems OK if a little 'constrained' because of the lack of Flash and I can't transfer MP4s that I made myself onto it.

I've used iPlayer, Facebook and eBay so far and they're fine. I tried connecting my Nokia 6300 via bluetooth but it wouldn't pick it up. I'm hoping that I can connect a pen drive or card reader to it somehow too. I'll get used to it in time.

It will be easier using the iPad in the living room rather than going off to the spare room and vanishing for an hour or so.

To what, Apple or Club Lupo ?!? :lol: TBH, I would never on this earth bought an iPad myself, a £200 netbook would have done more, better. But seeing as it was a gift, I'm not complaining.

I realised last night I need to 'sync' stuff in iTunes with the iTampon plugged in before I can move stuff off the PC onto it. What ever happened to click and drag?

Battery life is amazing though.

Edited by IDGM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've hardly used our PC in the last month since getting the iPad. Just downloaded pics off my cameras a couple of times and that's been it.

Thinking of getting either of the iPod video cable kits to connect it up to the telly now for iPlayer. Shame 4OD and ITV Player are Flash.