iPad elite - gather in here please!

Adam K

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people just want a phone for txting and calling why not go for this?

nostalgia_nokia_3310.png

People buy phones nowadays for what it has on it, not just for txting or calling. My Grandad owns a 3310, he doesnt care about video calling, Angry Birds, or LED Touch Screens. Thats what I think of BB owners. Why waste your money on such a basic phone, with a screen the size of.. well a 3310.

Each to their own, and you get what you pay for I guess :coffee:

Which contract can you take out nowadays that you can get a 3310 on?

iPhone is still very expensive, for what, to most people, is still just a phone.

Dunno why there's a discussion about it. :wacko:

Serious communications device, basically the majority, or 99% of people will buy it for Facebook lol. I always considered the BB, as you said for a business device, it was always a business phone, but for some reason, over the last year its turned into the hottest phone on the market?

Why would anyone choose a phone, in 2010, for day to day use, that doesnt have touchscreen? Plus the iPhone is also user friendly in the sense that it has alot more coverage around other peripherals and software. I havent seen car stereos that promote "Blackberry functionality" or other such crapola.

Same as having a PC, its alot easier to get what you want, if I had a MAC I couldnt do what I do at University.

i seriously havent read so much ****e in a long time.

That bit above about not having touch screens its 2010? wtf's that all about? i dont have a touch screen because i work with my hands all day, they're mucky and greasey, and the screen on my ipod touch has to get cleaned about 4 times a day because of this. i think the keyboard on the iphone is good, but its not amazing? its just not the same writing on a touch screen.

You went on a moaned about the iphone having more peripherals and software, well yes? it does? but its a multimedia phone, its designed to surf the net and and play music and videos. how you can even compare it to a blackberry is beyond me. perhaps you should take of those tinted glasses and have a good look around, maybe even think before you type.

If people just want a phone for txting and calling why not go for this?

nostalgia_nokia_3310.png

People buy phones nowadays for what it has on it, not just for txting or calling. My Grandad owns a 3310, he doesnt care about video calling, Angry Birds, or LED Touch Screens. Thats what I think of BB owners. Why waste your money on such a basic phone, with a screen the size of.. well a 3310.

Each to their own, and you get what you pay for I guess coffee.gif

Its a shame you judge a person by what phone thay have !

Its just a phone mate, everyone has different taste's and needs

Lighten up smile.gif

I still have my 3310 as my emergency phone, even bought a new screen for it for a massive 99p

Which contract can you take out nowadays that you can get a 3310 on?

iPhone is still very expensive, for what, to most people, is still just a phone.

Dunno why there's a discussion about it. :wacko:

Contract? Still PAYG. I dunno why theres a discussion but there is lol.

i seriously havent read so much ****e in a long time.

That bit above about not having touch screens its 2010? wtf's that all about? i dont have a touch screen because i work with my hands all day, they're mucky and greasey, and the screen on my ipod touch has to get cleaned about 4 times a day because of this. i think the keyboard on the iphone is good, but its not amazing? its just not the same writing on a touch screen.

You went on a moaned about the iphone having more peripherals and software, well yes? it does? but its a multimedia phone, its designed to surf the net and and play music and videos. how you can even compare it to a blackberry is beyond me. perhaps you should take of those tinted glasses and have a good look around, maybe even think before you type.

Whats that all about? The future is 3D Televisions, Eco cars, Touchscreen phones... I could go on. Yeh fair enough, but I am on about day to day use, by a casual user, not someone working in a garage all day. I am sure the majority of people out there who work in offices surpass those in garages etc. So thats the average I am on about.

Ha tinted glasses, those would be sweet! But I aint comparing them, the whole freakin world does, and I am baffled to why. I am annoyed people buy BB's when, what this thread shows, is there are better phones out there.

Its a shame you judge a person by what phone thay have !

Its just a phone mate, everyone has different taste's and needs

Lighten up

I aint judging people by their phone, I just hate the fact that the two phones are compared over and over again. I dont see how the BB is even close. And I pay £700 for the iPhone. It isnt just a phone, its a commitment :P

End of the day.... cant argue with a Fanboy :D

Strydes im totally with you. My brother in law works for orange working to organise business contracts for their employees. He used to have a BB and bark on about it all day, but since the iPhone came to Orange, he has now got one and loves it. On FB a friend said "oh you traitor, why did you get rid of the BB", he replied simply....."Sorry hun, but its called progress" and this coming from a guy who works with phones all day, every day for the last 10 years, he tested phones for 5 of those. So i spose it is just preference. Just like im sure a lot of people on here get asked all the time "why did you buy a Lupo? you could have bought blah blah blah instead" My neighbours kid is 1 year old and he can operate an iphone, unlocking it and moving screens to view pictures with little to no instruction. The iPhone is so intuitive, it isnt just a phone, its a PLATFORM. And it was the first ever phone to successfully implement such a scheme. It was voted gadget of the decade by millions on the gadget show. All this cant be for nothing. I dont know about anybody else but i can type very very quickly on my iphone, quicker than on buttoned phones. And again i spose im shallow, i was a design student, i appreciate things of beauty, and a BB with a full qwerty key board with mini buttons looks absolute gash to me. I was gunna get an iPad to go with my new iMac and 3GS but bought a new DSLR instead, but when they are released and funds are back up, i intend to get one. I just love the idea of being on the sofa, or in bed, or on the toilet and being able to browse the web with such ease as to point at what you want with your finger and BANG its there, intuitive. No mouse will ever be as good as your own finger pointing. Or on long car journey when the mrs' INSISTS on having a drive, i can watch movies ive downloaded from bittorrents on the Mac on a big beautiful screen.

God bless Apple, and yes i am a fan boy, once die hard Microsoft, but got fed up of their products turning to shizzle and being worth nothing after a year.

I realllyyyy want an iPad for Jailbreaking! What other jazz can you get??? Bet its even moar awesome?

Well you can get pretty much any app for free, plus you can implement multitasking which means you can now do things like listen to streaming radio from another app whilst browsing the web. Also lots of useful utilities like sbsettings can be used.

Just ordered this morning a 32GB iPad to go with my 32GB 3GS, 8G 3G, 8G Touch and 24" iMac.

Not bad to say I was slagging everything and anything Apple only two years ago lol

i used to be anti apple too, nowadays i own...

2009 mac mini

2009 macbook pro

1.5tb time capsule

64gb ipad

16gb iphone 3gs

8gb ipod nano

next purchase is a 27" imac.

Anyone see Jake Humphrey on the F1 yesterday? He was holding an ipad that had all the info he needed on it.

Cool way of doing it and they could beam any info to it while he is talking to someone.

Still impressed with the battery life on this!

Instant bootup and long life makes it mint at just nipping on the net.

i've been using mine on the train in the mornings to watch tv episodes and movies. my journey is about an hour and a half and from full charge the ipad says around 97% at the end of my journey.

Just ordered this morning a 32GB iPad to go with my 32GB 3GS, 8G 3G, 8G Touch and 24" iMac.

Not bad to say I was slagging everything and anything Apple only two years ago lol

what made you change ur mind and switch to the sexy aluminium side?

Anyone see Jake Humphrey on the F1 yesterday? He was holding an ipad that had all the info he needed on it.

Cool way of doing it and they could beam any info to it while he is talking to someone.

I was willing a seagull to carry it away or for him to drop it over the side while he was waving it about.

IDGM from ClubLupo just parped the BBC F1 blog...

Drop it overboard Jakey so you can send Eddie and Dave bobbing for Apples

You can see that on the Red Button after the show.

Edited by IDGM

• 2 weeks later...

what made you change ur mind and switch to the sexy aluminium side?

I got fed up of crap Sony & Nokia phones, so under protest walked into the apple shop and bought an Edge.

I was hooked ever since.

Cant wait till I can buy a 64GB iPad with iChat and multitask.

I'll be the birth of the 3GS all over again! lol

• 4 weeks later...