1/4 mile time??

Daviegti

Hey peeps there was a thread a week ago bout a Lupo GTI doing the the 1/4 mile in 14 sec sumthing (can't find the thread for sum reason).

Just i was at crail yesterday and as hard as i could the best time i got was 15.6 that was in the dry in standin water earlyer in the day ma best was 16.8,

My loop gti has a Raceland mani, sports cat and cat back, pipercross induction kit and a caf? also had the back seats out. was also full serviced last week plugs n filter, oil n filter?

Just wondered if this is about right

Thank you for any info

David

sounds about right mate.

My old Glanza had a full 5zigen exhaust, induction kit and gutted cat and did 15.2s. Was rr'd at Dastek before the gutted cat at 139.8bhp. Also it had an lsd fitted.

My old punto gt turbo also did a 14.6 but it was crazy lol.

sounds about right mate.

My old Glanza had a full 5zigen exhaust, induction kit and gutted cat and did 15.2s. Was rr'd at Dastek before the gutted cat at 139.8bhp. Also it had an lsd fitted.

My old punto gt turbo also did a 14.6 but it was crazy lol.

See to be honest i wana try n get low 14's but it seems a bigstep. :lol:

Still pulling away from type r's :lol: Raced a mk6 gti and sat beside for a wee bit.lol then it pulled in front buy bought 4/5 car lengths he got a bad start though i think,

You will have to spend a few thousand to get low 14's from a GTI

Thats the plan.lol. im not sure if i wana do it to the loop or pull the old old audi out the scrap pile n spend cash on it? the loop is to fun though n people don't expect it. :lol:

^^ agree here too. Anything below 16s in a gti is good going.

I've run 1/4 miles several times in many modded dubs usually ones that were dubsport built back in the day when Dubsport was a proper company owned by Ian Birch who knows a thing or two about tuning & 1/4 miles 14 seconds is a dream 16's is good going & anything below.

Never run the Lupo up the 1/4 mile as would have to spend a fortune on it before I would be happy to do so & IMO Lupo Gti's are best for go cart like handling rather than 1/4 mile racing.

I would be genuinley stunned to see 14 secs from a Lupo Gti.

Many people talk the talk re 1/4 miles but never do the business when it comes down to it, not just the car it's good re-actions, not missing a gear, & keeping your nerve.

All sounds easy but it ain't that easy when you come up against a Skyline at santa Pod the whole world is there watching you, you know you are gonna get creamed but it's just a case of by how much you are about to lanuch & your gear selector goes & you have to be pushed of the start ! painful experience that one LOL

Still LMAO at the guy in his 355 Ferrari who i thrashed in a Mk1 Gti at York run what ya brung & when my mate & me & all our camping gear spanked a Rallye Golf up the 0-60 at Peterborough we even filmed him as we did him in a highly modded Mk1.

Sadly to old now reactions are slowing but still a blast.

See to be honest i wana try n get low 14's but it seems a bigstep. :lol:

Still pulling away from type r's :lol: Raced a mk6 gti and sat beside for a wee bit.lol then it pulled in front buy bought 4/5 car lengths he got a bad start though i think,

im confused with this comment?what sort of Type R's are you pulling away from? :confused:

I've run 1/4 miles several times in many modded dubs usually ones that were dubsport built back in the day when Dubsport was a proper company owned by Ian Birch who knows a thing or two about tuning & 1/4 miles 14 seconds is a dream 16's is good going & anything below.

Never run the Lupo up the 1/4 mile as would have to spend a fortune on it before I would be happy to do so & IMO Lupo Gti's are best for go cart like handling rather than 1/4 mile racing.

I would be genuinley stunned to see 14 secs from a Lupo Gti.

Many people talk the talk re 1/4 miles but never do the business when it comes down to it, not just the car it's good re-actions, not missing a gear, & keeping your nerve.

All sounds easy but it ain't that easy when you come up against a Skyline at santa Pod the whole world is there watching you, you know you are gonna get creamed but it's just a case of by how much you are about to lanuch & your gear selector goes & you have to be pushed of the start ! painful experience that one LOL

Still LMAO at the guy in his 355 Ferrari who i thrashed in a Mk1 Gti at York run what ya brung & when my mate & me & all our camping gear spanked a Rallye Golf up the 0-60 at Peterborough we even filmed him as we did him in a highly modded Mk1.

Sadly to old now reactions are slowing but still a blast.

Had never planned to drag it, was goin to take it to knockhill but just got bit by the bug again, i used to take my derv ibiza up try get under 15's with it, best i got was 14.9, Just thought under 15 would be easy with the lupo Because of the power to weight and the grip they have, i no the strip is for power car's just like seeing what i could do.

David

I can back up that daviegti was pulling away from type r's and that mk6 gti with the black bonnet, was watching from the side of the strip on sunday.

My lupo sports best time at crail was 16.177 and that was with stripped interior, custom induction kit and cat back exhaust.

But my engine seized shortly after that haha...

I can back up that daviegti was pulling away from type r's and that mk6 gti with the black bonnet, was watching from the side of the strip on sunday.

My lupo sports best time at crail was 16.177 and that was with stripped interior, custom induction kit and cat back exhaust.

But my engine seized shortly after that haha...

Been meaning to ask who that was. :lol: Saw u leaving, think u where in front of me at the traffic in that wee town,