ISOFIX in a 2002 Lupo GTI

darkhorse1210

Before I start I realise that I'm probably appealing to about 1% of the members of this forum!

We have a nipper on the way in July and looking at car seats for the GTI. I pulled up the rear cushion and it appears that the car has red metal ISOFIX brackets at the base of the back cushion ready for a child seat? :confused:

Can someone please confirm/otherwise as looking at child seat bases at the mo.

Cheers

ive got em in my golf and fox, they are about 1" wide squarish plastic "holes" and they have an horizontal bar which is about 4mm in diameter running through them, . easiest way to make sure would be to nip in somewhere like halfords and ask em to have a look,

hope this helps

cheers

should defo have ISOFIX mate, my little boy is due in June,so i went 2 mothercare and had the base fitted, wot a doddle to fit aswel takes about 10 seconds.i was adamant i was keeping my loop, my lass was wanting me 2sell up.SILLY WOMAN HAHA

should defo have ISOFIX mate, my little boy is due in June,so i went 2 mothercare and had the base fitted, wot a doddle to fit aswel takes about 10 seconds.i was adamant i was keeping my loop, my lass was wanting me 2sell up.SILLY WOMAN HAHA

Cheers for the replies, I'm looking at getting this new Maxi Cosi base gizmo that will work with child seats up to 4 years old instead of having to buy another base at 9 months or so to accomodate the bigger seat....it's called Familyfix in case anyone needs to know.....

• 1 month later...

Cheers for the replies, I'm looking at getting this new Maxi Cosi base gizmo that will work with child seats up to 4 years old instead of having to buy another base at 9 months or so to accomodate the bigger seat....it's called Familyfix in case anyone needs to know.....

Thanks for the family fix info!

Does anybody know from what year the lupo got Isofix... 2002 on or do the early ones X, Y, 51 etc still have it?