Lupo on 16" Mini Wheels

LupoBoi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Update after over a year of waiting

As you can all guess the rotas never went through... well i ran them for a week. The rears fitted fine but fronts just looked stupid and i didnt want to maul my front arches. So i sold up on them and went back to looking for something new and different.

More updates to follow shortly

Aaron

Ok, so what has been happening since getting rid of the rotas

Of course i had to get a new set of wheels, so i went for a set of Cades Jadis to tie me over till I find some new wheels. 15x7 et 30 wrapped in bridgestone 165/50s

img0417q.jpg

img0415sr.jpg

The night after fitting them

dscf0396y.jpg

Still needed to tweek the ride height and put some bigger spacers on

Car stayed like this for a while, went for a quick little shoot with my mate

46732564.jpg

Check out http://slammedia.net/ for more of their work

Shortly after this I got a set of FK rear lower springs and dampers. Meaning an extra bit of drop for the rear and the front was tweaked slightly to bring it level. Also some spacers for the rear.

A picture from leaving T2d Breakfast meet showing off new ride height

t2dmeet.jpg

Then I got MK5 GTI front seats with retrimmed rear Lupo bench to match

img0524uh.jpg

Recently I got my front plate recess smoothed, retro fitted fogs to the front, twin rear fogs, smoked front indicators and removed helper springs. Desperately need chassis notch now. Sorry but I don't have any pictures of the bumper fitted just one from when I got it back from body shop.

img1012h.jpg

Will add some more pictures in the New Year when the weather starts to brighten up. Got a few engine goodies on the way too so there will be pics of them too

Cheers Aaron

Sorry for such a long time since updating

No they really are ugly.

Maybe done in one block colour might improve them.

There is a balance on life, sometimes people do the same because it works! Sometimes doing something different works nd other times it falls flat on its face, it's a risk.

Ok, so what has been happening since getting rid of the rotas

Of course i had to get a new set of wheels, so i went for a set of Cades Jadis to tie me over till I find some new wheels. 15x7 et 30 wrapped in bridgestone 165/50s

img0417q.jpg

img0415sr.jpg

The night after fitting them

dscf0396y.jpg

Still needed to tweek the ride height and put some bigger spacers on

Car stayed like this for a while, went for a quick little shoot with my mate

46732564.jpg

Check out http://slammedia.net/ for more of their work

Shortly after this I got a set of FK rear lower springs and dampers. Meaning an extra bit of drop for the rear and the front was tweaked slightly to bring it level. Also some spacers for the rear.

A picture from leaving T2d Breakfast meet showing off new ride height

t2dmeet.jpg

Then I got MK5 GTI front seats with retrimmed rear Lupo bench to match

img0524uh.jpg

Recently I got my front plate recess smoothed, retro fitted fogs to the front, twin rear fogs, smoked front indicators and removed helper springs. Desperately need chassis notch now. Sorry but I don't have any pictures of the bumper fitted just one from when I got it back from body shop.

img1012h.jpg

Will add some more pictures in the New Year when the weather starts to brighten up. Got a few engine goodies on the way too so there will be pics of them too

Cheers Aaron

Sorry for such a long time since updating

Did you cut the holes for the fogs yourself dude?

If you did, how did you do it?

Cheers mate

• 3 weeks later...

Little bit of an update

I have started work fitting my bmc and pipe work to front of car. I still have a bit to do including fitting catch tank too and making an engine cover. Ignore how dirty engine bay is, in desperate need of a clean and a lick of paint.

IMG_1084_zps38f5143d.jpg

When i was routing around in the engine bay I noticed that not only way my drive shaft is rubbing on the chassis but always near the back of the block.

Anyone got any ideas about helping this? I will be getting a notch soon but not sure how to solve the issue of the drive shaft rubbing further in, maybe an engine raise?

IMG_1080_zps12b27697.jpg

On the plus side going to pick up some new wheels tomorrow if don't get snowed in.

Cheers

Aaron

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

Wheels are now fitted

IMG_1170_zpsa5c19a52.jpg

IMG_1171_zps6539e5fa.jpg

Still need to tweek the ride height but cant go any lower on front atm as need a notch, which will be happening in May.

Also getting some wider spacers for the rear and spacing fronts a little more to fill arch

Cheers

Aaron

Cheers guys

Not too much, I had to make some brackets to mount the gti seat rail to, which bolted to where the rear Lupo runners are and into the factory seat mount at front

Rears

IMG_0988.jpg

Fronts

IMG_0989.jpg

means you can still use all the height adjustments on the gti seat plus they sit a lot lower

Edited by LupoBoi

• 2 months later...