am i screwed? been naughty.

JoshB&D

i did 42 in a 30... got the letter through the other day.

the age old excuse of '' i thought it was a 40 '' i did. alright. :(

theres absoloutly no chance of me getting a speed awarness course to avoid points is there?

but i did abit of search before and found somthing about 35-45mph on a 30, didnt get a good look

but i was hoping it was the limit for that course.

just need somone to either tell me theres a chance or put the nail in the coffin for me?

anxiety's killing me.

thanks much!

When I got mine, I was doin 36mph in 30. Sure I was (was while back now) and got the option of £60 and course or £60 and 3 points. I chose the former obviously.

I think, and only think, its up to 40mph in a 30, with static camera you get the option.

They allow up to 35 in a 30 and there really isnt any way of getting out of it. Just take the points and pay the fine. SP30's dont really bother insurance companies anymore because they are too common.

Take it this was you'd be getting off lightly. I got caught doing 96 in a 50 (not proud of it but had my reasons) and got a £160 fine a 6 week ban.

There is no consistency across Police Authorities where speeding is concerned. Some offer speed awareness courses, others do not.

From my 5 years experience receiving NIPs in the post on a weekly basis from up and down the Nation, the general rule of thumb is that if you are caught between 34 and 36/37 mph, you may be offered the speed awareness course under certain criteria.

At nearly 50% over the limit, I wouldn't expect to receive an invite to a cosy morning of biscuits and hearing someone state the bloody obvious.

Familiar with it?!

No mate. I got caught doing 32 in a 30 zone in 2005 and got f**ked cos I was in a Modified car... Stupid cops with a hair dryer were looking for any excuse to pull me over... Checked everything on the car looking for something else to do me for at the same time!

Tyres, screenwash levels, whether the battery was fitted securely, visible wear on brake pads! The lot!

damn damn damn.

im 20, and my insurance is F*cked now.

so angry with myself right now.

I got an SP30 at 18 after driving for a month. Don't worry about it, your insurance shouldn't be too bad. Mine hardly went up, less than 10% difference in the quote without points.

No mate. I got caught doing 32 in a 30 zone in 2005 and got f**ked cos I was in a Modified car... Stupid cops with a hair dryer were looking for any excuse to pull me over... Checked everything on the car looking for something else to do me for at the same time!

Tyres, screenwash levels, whether the battery was fitted securely, visible wear on brake pads! The lot!

32 in a 30 is outside of guidelines for being stopped for speeding unless it was in roadworks or something?

Usually 10% +2 in most force areas.

32 in a 30 is outside of guidelines for being stopped for speeding unless it was in roadworks or something?

Usually 10% +2 in most force areas.

As a relatively new driver, I didn't know any different back then. Didn't want to make thins worse for myself by arguing!

From what I know now, I'd have contested it to the death though!

Sounds like they were bored to be honest. Modified cars are an easy target as so many have something wrong with them.

My current bill with HMCS for motoring fines is up to 225 quid so maybe I'm not one to take advice from.

I'll agree modified cars are a target but the limits are there for a reason. Good luck Josh, let us know what happens!

its not a %10 over when they offer it you, my mate did 38 and got the course.

i realdy cant see me getting it though.

but if my insurance doesnt rocket up im not to botherd. i dont normaly speed so it wont happen again.

thanks for the support and stuff :)

its not a %10 over when they offer it you, my mate did 38 and got the course.

i realdy cant see me getting it though.

but if my insurance doesnt rocket up im not to botherd. i dont normaly speed so it wont happen again.

thanks for the support and stuff :)

seriously dude just don't worry about it, it's not the end of the world!

if it's in your first two years of driving just take it easy for a while.

i got points after driving for not long and it made practically hee haw difference if its an sp30 as these days everyone and theyre granny has one id be shocked if t imade any more than 50 quid difference on your annual quote

i got points after driving for not long and it made practically hee haw difference if its an sp30 as these days everyone and theyre granny has one id be shocked if t imade any more than 50 quid difference on your annual quote

It made about £60 a year difference for me with my current 3 points. So that's £60 fine and anything up to 5 times £60 a year too = £360.

The speed awareness course threshold varies from county to county - some don't even offer it, some have criteria which forbids you from it if you already have points. Different forces, different rules. If you're a new driver, then the prospect of getting three more points should worry you a lot more than having these three.

I hate to put a damper on things, but you wont be getting a course for 42 in a 30.

What have you got through the post? You can be summoned for that speed - max 6 points/£1000 fine/28 days disq.

I hate to put a damper on things, but you wont be getting a course for 42 in a 30.

What have you got through the post? You can be summoned for that speed - max 6 points/£1000 fine/28 days disq.

You get less than that for murder in this country these days...

last year i got caught (speed gun)60 into a 30mph i got clocked at 59mph, stupid i no, i got 4 points and a £150 fine and to be honest it dosent do much to your insurance put mines up £40 a year,

anyway good luck mate, and learn from your mistakes, i have

but they say its always better to learn from other peoples mistakes

You can get a summons for 31 in a 30 - that doesn't mean it's likely to happen.

Guidelines for a COFP (3 points / £60 automatic, no summons) stop at 50mph in a 30, so I would expect this.