Lupo Lexus Lights

Skezza

Hey

I'm looking to put some Lexus lights on my Lupo. Thing is, I was scrolling through them and some of them say MKI and some say MKII. I never knew that there was such a thing? Can anyone clarify this for me.

Thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does that mean if they fit a Lupo, they'll fit any Lupo? and if they fit the Arosa, they'll also fit the Lupo?

the mk's will be reffering to the arosa. you SHOULD be ok fitting them to a lupo as lupo lights and arosa lights are always being swapped on the two cars. Do a quick search and make sure you dont have to modify them at all

please don't do it :(

Lol why not? I think Lupo's look great with Lexus lights. I've been meaning to mod this baby for a while, but haven't had the time, or cash flow? How much is a set of MK2 Arosa lights and what do they look like?

Also, just for the record, how easy is it? I remember the old Punto being a nightmare!

It's a piece of piss to change the lights. Open the boot, undo the screw, slide the lights outwards (away from each other). Unplug.

If you change to Arosa ones then you need to swap the wiring on two bulbs.

Lexus lights don't look good on anything. :lol: Each to their own though...

Edited by Philplop

Well feel free to offer me alternatives. I haven't bought them yet :P I was looking at a set of these ;)

LIRLLS031246.jpg

I'm guessing my stock value has just plummeted on this forum :P

you are obv taking the piss.. if want diff then fit arosa lights onto the loop instead

I wasn't actually. But I know a lot of people don't like Lexus lights, see them as a bit chavvy and what not. I just... like them lol! The rear lights on the Arosa aren't really any nicer than the standard ones of the Lupo.

If you're gonna swap the lights, get Cambridge ones.

I do like the Cambridge ones, but I can't seem to get them for anything under 70 or so quid. I can get a set of lexus lights for like 20 quid haha, tacky as **** i am haha :P

So its a mod for the sake of a mod, cant afford what you want so buy some tacky ****e? Seems like a downgrade IMO at £20 they will be far inferior to standard lights

So its a mod for the sake of a mod, cant afford what you want so buy some tacky ****e? Seems like a downgrade IMO at £20 they will be far inferior to standard lights

Well not exactly. I do like the Lexus lights. I've always preferred them to be honest, but the Cambridge ones are nice i'll admit that. Given the opportunity I would obviously buy the Cambridge ones, but... the Lexus lights are cheaper, it isn't a mod for the sake of a mod, it is a mod that I quite like and at an alright price ;)

As for the quality, they're a decent set, second hand though! Possibly are inferior...

Lol, fair enough, I'll shop around for Cambridge lights, seeing as they do look nice. I'm sure I can stretch my overdraft a bit :P talk about peer pressure aye? :lol:

Are your standard lights broken ? If not whats the rush for bashing the overdraft to get some more ?

Are your standard lights broken ? If not whats the rush for bashing the overdraft to get some more ?

Lol, very true :P

I'd have thought nowadays it'd have taken peer pressure to persuade someone to get Lexus lights, never mind not to!

It must just be where I'm from. Most of the lads I know round here have them on as one of the first things lol! Next is normally an induction kit, and then a bean can exhaust haha! The last I certainly won't be getting :) :)