how to get superglue off my painted g60's

hi had a set of new tyres on the g60's, and the guy glued my center caps back on, problems is is as i was driving all the excess glue ran all over the wheels. so now i have loads of superglue runs all over the wheels.

So what would be best to remove it without damaging the paint.

Any help???

I'm thinking the only true way would be to rub it down as it would have bonded\melted into the paint. then refinish. Depends on the quality of the paint on the wheels though and I feel the only perfect way would be a refurb.

Got a spare wheel? Lash some superglue on it and carry out some testing.

if it issuperglue then i would think youre pretty ****ed mate ..maybe get a nice sharp scalpel balde and try scrape it off then give the wheels a good mop with some compound see if itll make i tless noticeable

if it issuperglue then i would think youre pretty ****ed mate ..maybe get a nice sharp scalpel balde and try scrape it off then give the wheels a good mop with some compound see if itll make i tless noticeable

That's be my say as well

I think your find your ****ed aswell ! It depends on what superglue it was mate ! Some are very weak and just drive hard others dry deap into any surface ! I would say try heating it up ! The glue will be come tacky be extra careful of your paint while doing ! As glue starts to look wet ! Scalpal anything sharp and pointy try and flick bits off ! If all else fails unless there is a special paint ! Strip paint and re paint mate :blush: !

Mike

Edited by Ralphy