Edition 38 2010 - 3rd, 4th and 5th September

nfbr

That's how it used to be. I would say a lot of Comradery was lost this year due to Club Lupo's camping area being 'Segregated' into three seperate areas. The previous years I have been, Club lupo's camping area has been absolutely astonishingly big with load of people all sticking together having a laugh. 'The Great Divide' has taken a lot of that away.

How come it became segregated?

I'm well up for it this year! :)

Would be cool to meet some people off the forum B)

Edited by MarkS

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come it became segregated?

I'm well up for it this year! :)

Would be cool to meet some people off the forum B)

Well some of the 'Nordubs' boys (virtually all of the Club Lupo people from the northeast plus the odd few from the far North west) decided they wanted to camp out seperately to the regular club lupo people so it pretty much split the club lupo group into two groups, then when our camping area wasn't big enough, some of the other guys ended up having to camp elsewhere.

One thing Edition 38 is good for is meeting new people and seeing old faces! That's why I go back year after year!

I'm sure I'll be there again this year!

Edited by nfbr

I'm not complaining that £30 is expensive, just that the price increase seems a little unjustified considering the whole thing has already got a bad rep and the show losing some things and being simplified. Are we going to get a 20% better show and facilities?

its not got a bed rep, its the minority that spoil it for everyone else.. eg people nicking stuff or damaging peoples cars for the hell of it.. no need for it at all. And losing the rave tent may help it regain what it is all about, a chilled weekend to enjoy the uk and europe's machinery as well as meet new people

Edited by andyp

Yeah, You've got it exactly right there Andy! It's the minority that spoiled it for the rest last year. I've been 'personally' told by a few people now that a lot of things are being done to ensure a trouble free weekend this year, but as of yet, nobody has been able to link me to any points of discussion on the e38 forums.

I had plenty of fun, Just a bit felt the whole thing has declined over the years!

I like to be 'Legal' on the way home also.

I was perfectly legal on the way home thank you. :rolleyes:

We had fun... we did nothing wrong, apart from maybe insult/offend a few Southerners, but I'm sure they're thick skinned enough to cope.

Nordubs will have a seperate area again this year. We all had a fantastic time last year and we fully intend doing it again.

loved it last year. 1st outing my G40 made, ive bin the last 3 times and never had issues with security, for me the worst thing is the bogs! i can easily stay away 4rm the pilled up ppl. plus im a hardcore camper!!

Nordubs will have a seperate area again this year. We all had a fantastic time last year and we fully intend doing it again.

This is a shame really as there area a lot of decent club lupo members that we will be missing as a result.

Well those decent members wanted to continue having a decent time, so that's why they went there own way.

don't blame you, just look at the attitude difference :)

the show is what you make of, go into it with a negative attitude and it'll be ****. Go there with a bunch of friends and some beer, and er, lucozade tablets, and you'll have a mint time.

Couldn't agree more Liam. We all went to have a great time and we did. Club Lupo was exstremely badly organised and it showed through the entire weekend. All the talk of hi-vis jackets and line marker can kiss my bumhole, and BBQ stands. Just chill out and have a good time.

I went in 2008 and really enjoyed it B)

I bought my lupo in the spring and jumped in the deep end with the plan of going to E38 after putting my name down on here :lol: knew absolutely nobody - even met Sarah on the way who I hadnt met before. Everyone was really friendly, made me feel welcome and had a right laugh Silver, Casper, Clairey Fairy, Boydup, Philplop, NFBR & Noddy to name a few B) Had a cracking weekend!

Didnt make it last year due to a horse show and was gutted, but after hearing some of the tales of people being disapointed, stuff being damaged and generally being full of idiots making it more of a p*ss up than a car event made me think Id made the right decision.

I'll be coming this year though probably seeing as there is changes being made and I thoroughly enjoyed it last time. Be nice to catch up with all you lot again :D

Sh*t happens, life goes on :coffee: I know I'll only feel like Ive missed out if I dont go!

Edited by elliecjno1

All the talk of hi-vis jackets and line marker can kiss my bumhole, and BBQ stands. Just chill out and have a good time.

Who talked about that lol...

I know I'll only feel like Ive missed out if I dont go!

Definitely! That's probably why I'll go again this year!

Plus all the talk of making it a big one, with all the improvements being made! It should be better than ever!

Well those decent members wanted to continue having a decent time, so that's why they went there own way.

So basically what you're saying is that the nordubs guys can't enjoy themselves with the Club Lupo lot?

I hardly think any of the club lupo members make it their job to stop 'Nordubs' Enjoying themselves.

Edited by nfbr

So basically what you're saying is that the nordubs guys can't enjoy themselves with the Club Lupo lot?

I hardly think any of the club lupo members make it their job to stop 'Nordubs' Enjoying themselves.

No you just accuse us of driving home still pissed up!

End of the day if the Nordubs people want to camp together then fair play, they are a group of friends and I'm pretty sure they'll want to stick together, not all of them have Lupo's so maybe they don't want to camp with Club Lupo?

The Club Lupo campsite was in little cliques anyway so it would've just been the same even if they had camped with us.

We camped together because we're mates at the end of the day and we just didn't want to have to tidy up everyone's **** like the year before. I know Casper and Al are some of the more respectful members and always happy to help clean up but the majority the year before just dumped their rubbish and took off leaving the rest of us to clean up.

I think what Foxy was trying to say was there was a lot of stuff mentioned in the 2009 thread about being organised and having people in hi vis jackets, paving slabs for bbq's etc but nobody wants to take charge. Sarah was previously the one who sorted all that out but think when she got told to f**k off by someone on the CL campsite last year she was glad she didn't bother!

Yeah, in 2008 there seemed to be a lot of people who couldn't be arsed, shouting all night and pissing right outside the tents. The campsite was mega cramped as well. Don't get me wrong, it was still a great weekend, but those things were obviously annoying.

So when we got there early last year we found a nice spot and set up camp by ourselves. None of us have anything against anyone in CL, and we still come over and see you guys.

:)

how the hell can you think that no rave tent = cheaper or less security?

seriously wtf - the tent will be there just no rave music just a more chilled out vibe - didnt know rave music cost more :lol: and security is needed regardless with what has looked like increasing crowds every year its obvious more security would be needed

We camped together because we're mates at the end of the day and we just didn't want to have to tidy up everyone's **** like the year before. I know Casper and Al are some of the more respectful members and always happy to help clean up but the majority the year before just dumped their rubbish and took off leaving the rest of us to clean up.

I think what Foxy was trying to say was there was a lot of stuff mentioned in the 2009 thread about being organised and having people in hi vis jackets, paving slabs for bbq's etc but nobody wants to take charge. Sarah was previously the one who sorted all that out but think when she got told to f**k off by someone on the CL campsite last year she was glad she didn't bother!

I think someone telling Sarah to f**k off is absolutely disgraceful. That kind of stuff shouldn't happen! Not with the amount of effort Sarah has put into Club Stand organisation in previous years!

I know what you mean though. It does p*ss me off that I always end up cleaning an area around my tent completely littered with other people's ****.

Yeah, in 2008 there seemed to be a lot of people who couldn't be arsed, shouting all night and pissing right outside the tents. The campsite was mega cramped as well. Don't get me wrong, it was still a great weekend, but those things were obviously annoying.

So when we got there early last year we found a nice spot and set up camp by ourselves. None of us have anything against anyone in CL, and we still come over and see you guys.

:)

I could probably name every single one of the people shouting all night in 2008...

The Club Lupo campsite was in little cliques anyway so it would've just been the same even if they had camped with us.

As usual liam, You're just trying to cause trouble... Now you're just talking sh*t.

Okay, change the word "cliques" to "groups of friends". Same thing.

No matter what environment you put a Club in, you will always get a few little groups, out of X amount of people not everyone is gonna wanna hang around with everyone. I'm not arsed tbh, you're all there for the same thing.