Edition 38 2010 - 3rd, 4th and 5th September

nfbr

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some absolute bull**** in this thread. Al, I dunno who you're trying to kid but it certainly isn't just the "non-vag" crew who were messing about. The only people I saw causing trouble owned VW's!

Anyway, I couldn't care a less anyway, to me it's part and parcel of putting a few thousand drunk people in a field. Something might/could/will happen. It's nearly impossible to Police it.

Lastly, last year was f'king awesome, best show I've ever been to, and any of the people in this thread who say they won't go are totally missing out! Don't listen to what the boring lovely persons say on here, get down there, bring a few mates and plenty of booze and enjoy it.

Camping is easily the best bit! Anyone who just goes during the days is missing out.

Who needs toilets? Piss up a tree and don't have a poo, easy!

+1.

Except go to the Tesco nearby for beer poos.

It's all about meeting random drunk VW people at 2am and talking crap.

Liam, last year was ****e compared to the year before.

How many times were chavs with no shirts on and "Krystal I Luv U" tatoo'd all over them, raving, high off their faces, drinking loads and trying to get on the stage? While being told constantly to step back.

Sunday day was easily the best part, because they'd all buggered off.

I'd be up for it if ClubLupo did their own little thing in a quiet corner of the field, none of us are going to wreck it for the rest...

What annoyed me, is the idiots in a civic, corsa and standard bora with blaring music at 3am kicking a football around and have it bounce off my tent, the peoples tent next to us... and more than likely our cars.

To be fair, i dont go to town because its naff. So im not going to a show to have people barge into me, blow smoke in my face, blare music into my ear when im trying to sleep and kick stuff at my car. And im certainly not paying for that privelidge...

I went in 2008 over the weekend with my old car, having known nobody except for people off the forum who I'd never met until I rolled up!

It was a good weekend B)

We all just chilled out, had some beers and chatted!

If club lupo did something like that I'd be well up for it!

I described ed38 to my mates as just like Leeds festival, except with cars.

And I absolutely love Leeds fest! You can't beat a bit of campfire fun in a field with your mates B)

I think that's a pretty fair description :)

Edited by MarkS

put a few thousand people into a field with beer and music and there are bound to be issues

big changes are been made this year and im think it will overcome the issues from last year

i will go again but wont camp as i dont trust my car on site after someone scuffed my bonnet - i dont blame anyone as someone obv just fell over when drunk or whatever but this year to avoid it i'll be parking it at hotel

the weekend is what you make of it yourself - at the end of the day its a car show, yes it has got a reputation for a rave on the saturday but no rave tent this year so hopefully it will go back to its roots and chilled out fun times

No rave tent sounds good to me. Only ever go in for 10 minutes anyway, if it'll keep some nobs away then I'm all for doing away with it.

Should put some bands on instead. B):lol: Everyone knows metalheads are nicer than ravers. :P

Edited by Philplop

The thing is, for a lot of people its a fair drive and to risk it being another crap weekend it isnt worth it. I'm failing to see the 'big' changes that they have made.

No Rave tent

More security

Higher price

When they said big changes i was expecting a different date and possibly venue

The show is what you make it.

Go with a few mates, lay back, enjoy the sun, and have a wander about and see some nice cars. If you don't know anyone, make friends. Meeting up and convoying with some CL'ers is probably the best way to do it. It also makes the drive there a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

Ok, the price has gone up, but £30 for a weekends camping is hardly extortionate, you'd pay that at a campsite.

Its just annoying being charged more when your the people bringing the cars that make the show, when people who turn up in their Vectra are charged just the same and have nothing to add to the show, just wanting to get smashed.

Some absolute bull**** in this thread. Al, I dunno who you're trying to kid but it certainly isn't just the "non-vag" crew who were messing about. The only people I saw causing trouble owned VW's!

TBF, The facts and figures kind of Speak for themselves. You spent the whole weekend off your face anyway so anything you did see probably didn't make any sense :rolleyes:

Perhaps all the problems were caused by the show getting too big for itself?

As mentioned, the show days were fine (Saturday and Sunday) but the Friday night and Saturday night were full of drink drivers razzing sh*t cars around the camp site. The number of times I saw a Clio, a saxo and a 206 drive pass my tent Saturday night with the boot open, people in the back and trying to 'drift' using their handbrake was ridiculous! The simple fact that nobody seemed to be doing anything to stop them is what's rattled my cage so to speak.

Last year was such a disappointment compared to the 2 years before it. :(

Agreed

I went in 2008 over the weekend with my old car, having known nobody except for people off the forum who I'd never met until I rolled up!

It was a good weekend B)

We all just chilled out, had some beers and chatted!

If club lupo did something like that I'd be well up for it!

I described ed38 to my mates as just like Leeds festival, except with cars.

And I absolutely love Leeds fest! You can't beat a bit of campfire fun in a field with your mates B)

I think that's a pretty fair description :)

That's how it used to be. I would say a lot of Comradery was lost this year due to Club Lupo's camping area being 'Segregated' into three seperate areas. The previous years I have been, Club lupo's camping area has been absolutely astonishingly big with load of people all sticking together having a laugh. 'The Great Divide' has taken a lot of that away.

No rave tent sounds good to me. Only ever go in for 10 minutes anyway, if it'll keep some nobs away then I'm all for doing away with it.

Should put some bands on instead.

Agreed, 10 minutes a year if that!

I honestly think Bands would be a cracking idea!

Something different than the usual Dance / Disco Biscuit / Rave / D&B that's usually played would be more than welcome in my opinion!

No rave tent = cheaper for E38 to run.

More security - dont need it if the rave tents not there.

Higher Price - Well, no excuse.

As previously mentioned, £30 for a show and a weekends camping isn't too bad at all! What with inflation and everything!

Here's the flyer just incase anyone hadn't seen it :) -

http://www.edition38.com/images-x/flyer.pdf

Starting to look forward to this now! Get a bit of a convoy going with some other CL'ers B)

I'm sure we'll all make it a good one! Especially if we can get a nice big turnout!

TBF, The facts and figures kind of Speak for themselves. You spent the whole weekend off your face anyway so anything you did see probably didn't make any sense :rolleyes:

Too right, and we all had a ****ing good weekend.

Maybe you need to do the same.

Too right, and we all had a ****ing good weekend.

Maybe you need to do the same.

I had plenty of fun, Just a bit felt the whole thing has declined over the years!

I like to be 'Legal' on the way home also.

makes me laugh people saying 30 quid is expensive for 2 and a half days camping.... you go to festivals and you pay 3 times as much.. the people of edition do a fantastic job of running it, looking after stuff and also cleaning up in their own spare time after everyone has dicked off. I didnt enjoy last year as much as felt it lacked something. It didnt help having idiots racing around doing stupid stuff in cars, as well as the rave tent just turning into one big mosh pit.

I'm not complaining that £30 is expensive, just that the price increase seems a little unjustified considering the whole thing has already got a bad rep and the show losing some things and being simplified. Are we going to get a 20% better show and facilities?