Washing Microfibre Cloths

Got my mum to wash a bag of dirty microfibre cloths yesterday, they came out clean but not as fluffy as before. She didn't use fabric softner.

I hear you can add vinegar? What temperature is best?

Edited by 99hjhm

I use Chemical Guys Microfibre Wash +

It seems good but they never feel as good as a brand new cloth wub.gif

How to wash them?

Just give them to your mam. :wacko:

:lol:

My mam thoughtlessly went on holiday a couple of weeks ago, which meant I had to get my girlfriend to wash my cloths, and she used fabric softener, which was a total bugger for the drying towels, because it made them rather waterproof.

No idea how to wash microfibres though, which was your question, but I don't want to delete all of this post I'd writted before I realised. :D

I use Chemical Guys Microfibre Wash +

It seems good but they never feel as good as a brand new cloth wub.gif

Microfibre Wash +

use discount code 'DW' if you order any.

I just buy new ones when they are worn out.

You should never really wash a drying towel.

Agree with silver,

Once they get dirtyish they get put in the 'dirty rag bag' these are then used for wheels, sills and the engine bay,

Then i get a new cloth out of the 'clean rag bag'

Buy in bulk its cheaper!

;)

Does anyone know a cheap supplier of microfibre cloths?

Get 3 small ones for 90somethingP in Tesco's, or get the big yellow fluffy ones off ebay, loads of people selling them.

I just pop mine in the washing machine with a small amount of laundry liquid and they come out perfectly :) I usually tumble dry them (no sheets or anything, just a brief spin in the empty drier) to fluff them up a bit, otherwise I just hang them up to dry.

Main points, don't know if they all make a difference but it's how I clean mine:

I only wash the microfibre cloths with other car cleaning bits like the drying towels and fabric applicators.

I set the washing machine on its 'delicates' cycle, which also lowers the washing temperature.

I use a really small amount of laundry liquid.

And I pre-soak them in a bucket of warm water and fairy liquid if they are particularly mucky or full of polish/wax residue.

I'm still using some of the cloths I got when I first got the Arosa, although they have been demoted to wheel cloths as those turn irreversibly black after a while!

Yeah Asda sell 'Kent' Microfibres and as mentioned you get 6 for about £3! They always do offers too, I bought 2 packs for a fiver the other day! :D

What size are they though? As I've noticed manufacturers of microfibre cloths are being VERY stingy these days and giving out super small cloths almost useless for buffing.

I like a nice 16"x25" Cloth myself.

What size are they though? As I've noticed manufacturers of microfibre cloths are being VERY stingy these days and giving out super small cloths almost useless for buffing.

will measure and let you know

the kent ones are 16"x 12" so half the size

Because that way you can colour code your cloths

I use:

• Yellow for Paintwork
  • Blue for Wheels
  • Orange for Interior
  • Green for Black Plastic Trim
  • Pink for Engine Bay
  • Blue Peachskin for Glass