• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Oh. My. GOD!

PP's are by far my favorite seat ever.

wish i could afford even one for my loop

Really liking the car, exhaust sounds amazing! and the carbon cover is a really nice touch.

I took a trip to AAS last week but was surprised to find out how much the prices have risen since i had the exhaust done on my civic!!

Jonny.

No I fitted the Decat myself.

Here is what it sounds like now....

sound's exactly like mine!! but ive got a sports cat and a silencer, and it still backfires when im changing gear :P im going to have a back box fitted down pro-speed thursday :P im not normaly fussed with the silver gti's but i do like urs ;) good job.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here's how it stands right now, harness bar in, seats in.

excuse messin interior, it was a mess,cold, muddy day.

To do:

Fit Brembo Max's, Goodrich hoses & Yellow stuff pads next week.

Carpet rear

Get the sidemounts, seat mounts, & Harness bar powdercoated.

Fit recaro stickers back on.

Winter mode.

Not so urgent:

Remove Carbon Canister to allow a more open area for the cold air feed.

Brake Ducts

ARB

Would like to fit cams but mapping them with cams isnt concrete yet so not bothering until proven.

Possibly Port head & create some intake setup.

Or just buy something more hardcore.

DSC03537.jpg

DSC03538.jpg

3-6.jpg

2-edit.jpg

Edited by 221_matty

Cheers

I would like to do serious head work, however not sure if the money warrants the gains to be honest. Well atleast taking the engine apart when its a fit engine.

I would like to create an intake manifold or get the original intake manifold bored out like they used to with the 306 Touring cars.

I do enjoy the car, I enjoy sticking with cars it really shouldn't be too! My aim when I started this was to be able to stick with an R32 on the straights as its double the displacement so I kinda like the underdog factor, Im ever so slightly getting closer to my goal.

the 136bhp run was just a drilled airbox and catback, I believe the rollers run high, however It gained 18bhp from a CDA & Manifold/decat.

^ It nice to see people still using old fashioned N/A tuning.. Like you say unfortunately its a case a spending big money on relatively small gains. My brother has a Gti and has done almost identical modifications to yourself (4-1 manifold, 200cell sports cat, custom cat-back and a bmc cda) Like you say it is quite surprising what they can keep up with.. He has been looking at sending his head of for some work but after phoning a few companies if would cost i the region of £700 for them to complete all the work they are capable of and that included the inlet manifold too. Although that sounds expensive i believe a 10-15bhp gain could be achieved which would make a massive difference, that coupled with a custom map could see you with some good figures. When he eventually gets the work carried out il let you know if it warrants the price tag...

Mike

I prefer go over show every time! Especially a naughty N/A, and I have a love for 1600's for some reason like the Lupo's & 106gti's.

Yeah please do! However I think I am definately going to give the inlet manifold idea a go, as it could well be a cheap and affective mod and if it fails, it fails no harm done.

^ Yea il keep you posted... It will be into the new year though, January or February most likely, once the head-work is complete he will be getting it booked into Awesome Gti for a custom map so he should have some accurate figures at that point. I will keep an eye on this thread and see if you make any progress with the inlet mani..

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Ill keep an eye on this too,

Have a 100 cell cat ans stainless steel exhaust from pipe worx, 4-2-1 manifold is next on my list along with finishing off my induction piping and finding the best postion for the filter.

Thissy, Have a spare engine for parts if they need to experiment with anything, sitting on a pallet in my workshop.

Regards

Angelo

PS, Matty your car sounds awsome still toying with the idea of a decat, will probably have a decat pipe made up when i have the manifold done.

Edited by angelo77

Well the updates now is the car has its winterwheels on, LCR splitter removed and fitted Yellow Stuff pads & Brembo Max discs.

I've had the harness bar powdercoated by Wheeltech in Darlington.

I then cut out the relevant parts of the side pockets to house the harness bar and Installed some grey Acoustic carpet too to neaten it up, its not a perfect match but its definately smarter.

Before

DSC03538.jpg

After

DSC03632.jpg

DSC03630.jpg

Next:

Powder coat the side mounts and seat frames.

Fit the Scroth harnesses.

Split down my BBS's for a colour change.

Cheers for the comments, Angelo how much are you wanting for the engine?

Bit of an exciting, and daunting update!

Rich gave me head today... And I very much apprieciated it! THANKS!!!

Its a Lupo GTI 16v Head, which over the winter I will get ported & polished at AMAC And fit cams, however I am waiting on the results of recent testing of the Catcams that have been made before I make my decision on which cams.

DSC03636.jpg

I see this gift is gonna cost me alot of money!

Have you got a rough idea how much this will cost?

What kind of gains are you hoping to achieve?

The amac website looks quite good, have you felt with them before?

Edited by angelo77