The Loud Lupo GTI

221_matty

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh the moment I've been waiting 4month for!

AAS 4-2-1 Manifold & a Decat

DSC02550.jpg

DSC02549.jpg

DSC02548.jpg

It definitely climbs the revs faster and is a considerable amount louder! Happy as hell with the work its second to non as always.

Edited by 221_matty

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo been up to a little bit this weekend...

Aquired this -

DSC02712.jpg

BMC CDA

I removed the tatty sticker & cleaned the hell out of it, whoever had it before this must have seriously been choking there engine.

Also attached heat reflective tape to the intake manifold side.

DSC02713.jpg

Got this tatty bracket with it too

DSC02714.jpg

After slaving with the polisher...

DSC02715.jpg

Then tackled this: DSC02716.jpg

End result

DSC02717.jpg

Here is the bay currently

DSC02718.jpg

Im half way through with the BMC Im tossing up between hard aluminium pipe or just ducting to the CDA, and need a better catch tank than an evian bottle! but its just to get me by for the RR day this weekend.

Got a sticker on route for the BMC too, and an Engine cover which should make the bay fantastic.

Hopefully by the end of the week these will be in!

DSC02659.jpg

Have you decided on how your going to mount them? I've seen it done a couple of ways on here and knowing nothing about the subject, i have know idea on the best/safest way to do it.

Car's sweet BTW, exactly the route i'm trying to take with mine!

Well this is whats taking the biscuit, the origional plan went out the window when we realised its nothing like my brothers Ibiza's runners.

It will be a frame wider than the seats that will mount onto sliders or something to move them, ill keep you posted on that, as to be fair my brothers the brains on this subject as hes done plenty.

Well big thanks to the brother on this update...

This came through the post today.

DSC02719.jpg

So I immediately got on with reflective taping.

DSC02720.jpg

Then onto fitting, it was a mega ball ache, cutting and chopping here there and everywhere! but the end result is just incredible!

DSC02721.jpg

DSC02724.jpg

Cold air feed ducting on route...

Lookin good mate, where did you get the engine cover from? I found one on german ebay before but I cant find it anymore :( Also the BMC CDA is carbon wrapped so its designed to protect against the heat anyways?

I can get hold of them they aint cheap mind!

BMC - Yeah but when you have a massive roll of the stuff its hard not to use it.

Also every little helps. Id rather put it on for the 5 seconds It took as I know how warm it gets around there + its just another touch.

Edited by 221_matty

I can get hold of them they aint cheap mind!

BMC - Yeah but when you have a massive roll of the stuff its hard not to use it.

Also every little helps. Id rather put it on for the 5 seconds It took as I know how warm it gets around there + its just another touch.

How much are they? On ebay.de they were going for 20 euro... and fair enough if you have some left over might aswell use it :)