How long will it take to fit 40mm lowering springs on a Lupo

Guest Luponut

Guest Luponut

I have bought some springs and I am going to get a garage to put the springs on for me ( I'm useless at any form of D.I.Y. so me doing it isn't an option ! )

How long will it take a professional mechanic to put on 4 lowering springs onto my 1.0L Lupo ? ( The garage I bought them from has told me 2-3 hours to fit the springs )

I don't want to be ripped off on labour so has anyone got any idea ?

Or how long did it take if you did the job yourself.

Thanks.

Do it yourself! I did it with no mechanical knowledge whatsoever, all you need is basic tools and some spring compressors. As LGG said 10 mins rear, 40 front. However if your doing it first time yourself its more likely a 2 hour job overall

A total beginner is unlikely to change a full set of springs in 2 hours, IMO.

It's not a hard job, but allow more than a couple of hours to do it if you're going to attempt it yourself. When I did mine I'd never worked on a car before either.

2 hours for a garage seems fair to me for an estimate, they might be just giving themselves a bit of leeway for if any difficulties occur.

Edited by Philplop

Guest Luponut

Do it yourself! I did it with no mechanical knowledge whatsoever, all you need is basic tools and some spring compressors. As LGG said 10 mins rear, 40 front. However if your doing it first time yourself its more likely a 2 hour job overall

Me doing it isn't an option ! read my post properly ! lol !

Did mine last week for first time, was very easy but all the bolts were quite heavily rusted so had plenty of hassle getting them off! It took me about 45 mins to do the backs and about 1.5 hours on the fronts. If the bolts were easy i reckon i could have done the lot in 1.5 hours.