Pokeee

Johnwin

Hi all..going to be running a slight amount of poke on the loop..were do I stand with the law..the poke is very slight but if i get a arsey copper..what can I expect??a producer..warning..fine..points??any helps would be great..cheers john

Edited by Johnwin

Its a grey area in the law. Some think its the tread that should be covered, some think its the whole wheel and tyre, others say the wheel can poke out up to 30mm.

Depends how arsey the copper is.

I got Pulled for poke. He never explained the law I just read about tread being covered so moulded custom arches to cover tread.

He said lucky wasn't a traffic cop else he would have fined me 3 points per tyre also.

Illegal. End of.

I got pulled, argued it, got my girlfriends uncle (Undercover traffic cop, drives the BMW's) to check it out and 4 days of research later he came back saying that its illegal because of water supression.

He said that if the tyre is out at all, wall or tread its illegal, he said that if he would've pulled me he'd let me go without anything, but after reading up on his law books etc then it comes as illegal.

Anyone can argue with me about the tread all they like, but at the end of the day i never wanted to swap my classics, i spoke to several stations, and its his full time, silly money paid job to do this, so argue with the law if you're arguing with anyone.

Modify with thought and consideration.

Offsets.

Lowness.

If the coppers cant see the tops of your tires and have no reason to

believe your car is unsafe they wont pull you.

did I mention poke looks crap ?

illegal

got pulled on the motorway...

traffic branch cops..

number one they said the car was getting took off me for:

rim being outside the arch

camber making wheel look as if its going to fall off.

car being slammed to the point wherre underside hitting a cats-eye could be fatal :S

overall illegal means points and possibly car being taken...

NOT NICE

Lame ^

well done

You deserved to get pulled just for your arch gap alone.

poke without stance sucks balls anyways tuck is for winners

Jamie :shades:

tuck is for pussies POKE ALLL DAY LONG!

also, went to the test centre today to ask them about it as its getting done tomorrow, he said as long as the tyres arnt rubbing on the arches he cant fail me for them. So, to the tuck bummers, whos illegal on those basis? wink.gif

Edited by HAIRBear

tuck is for pussies POKE ALLL DAY LONG!

also, went to the test centre today to ask them about it as its getting done tomorrow, he said as long as the tyres arnt rubbing on the arches he cant fail me for them. So, to the tuck bummers, whos illegal on those basis? wink.gif

just because itll pass an mot doesnt make something legal in the eyes of the law

yeah such a grey area! I see what you mean jamie but surely the point of an mot is to test a car and declare it road legal? And so if it passes that what am i doing wrong? Its been declared road legal.

One big pile of crap at the end of the day

for example an mot may pass stupidly stetched tyres as long as the tyres are within the right tread depth and not cracked etc, but the police may do you for as its incorrectly fitted rendering it technically illegal..catch my drift?

and things like that really in the eyes of some traffic cops it really wont matter if you have an mot or not if they dont like it they will probably do you for it..

Edited by jamiea7x

Illegal. End of.

I got pulled, argued it, got my girlfriends uncle (Undercover traffic cop, drives the BMW's) to check it out and 4 days of research later he came back saying that its illegal because of water supression.

He said that if the tyre is out at all, wall or tread its illegal, he said that if he would've pulled me he'd let me go without anything, but after reading up on his law books etc then it comes as illegal.

Anyone can argue with me about the tread all they like, but at the end of the day i never wanted to swap my classics, i spoke to several stations, and its his full time, silly money paid job to do this, so argue with the law if you're arguing with anyone.

I'd love to know which bit of his 'law books' told him it was illegal (honestly I really would).

As far as I know it's a grey area - although I think 'stretch' breaks construction and use regulations anyway, therefore if the rim is outside and the tread inside then it's not legal by that definition. If it doesn't break C&U, then 'dangerous' is a bit of a grey term.