My Daily Driver mk2 Arosa - updated 04/12/2010

croakey

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

well we've gone from wide...to...erm....narrow

Sold the a8 winters on this very forum, and bought myself some new g60's as winters/dailies, thinking was they'd arrive and i could get some fresh tyres on them before my current ones get too illegal. Was hoping to the swaparoo and put the coils on friday/saturday/sunday next week

To find this morning that one had gone flat.... FML

So today i've been rolling on a space saver - and using my Ibiza for a few days.

9fdd3959.jpg

b035f131.jpg

How long can i use one of these for?? I'm hoping a few days...maybe a week LOL

They shoul not have put 80 on the wheel, even if it does say KPH under it. So i hope your sticking to 50 with it on and taking corners in a boring fashion! I used mine a few times, on the front, it felt, drove and sounded like it was just rolling on the metal rim, so noisey and no grip at all. Dangerous in my opinion, so with my sensible side i bought a new 14" steel and tyre for the boot :coffee:

Tidy looking Arosa though, 1.4S Manual is not a common spec either. B)

Yeah I've stuck to under 60 when i used it- am using the Ibiza sc until my g60's arrive :)

And yeah from looking around a late 1.4s is a rare beast...she's in ok nick but has been cleaned using a housebrick by the previous owner lol

How many sets of wheel now croakey ? :lol:

I thought I was the only one that bought things and never fitted them and sold them

at cut price.

well you are doing a good job importing all these wheels from germany to

the uk for everyone else lol

Gottis are still here, but I needed tyres all round urgently and there's no rush to run polished splits coming upto winter...so g60's running 195/40/15's will be the dailies and then the gottis will find their way on for next year if the cars still here :)

Also i need to know if there's a Market for the standard rims or skip them????

...and jowey lol- I can't help it I just love finding cool rims lol! Worrying thing is I've mentioned maybe half of them on here,the rest are just too big for the arosa lol- like 17" gottis, and 18"'artec splits etc lol

My background on my laptop lol ^^^^

Reason it's still on stilts- I cannot be trusted to fit them, and I'm struggling to find someone to sling them on....anyone in Kent want to help me out lol!

And im Hellas busy with work and not had chance tbh