Madmans Red Lupo

madmanncfc

Gutted, know anyone with a buzz gun?

Sadly not but ive got ideas just need to wait untill i can be bothered again :lol:

Good news indeed! :thumbsup:

One step at a time... ;)

Work on this :)

Were getting somewhere she wants to keep the glove box conversion and maybe the grill.

Its not much but its a start

:thumbup:

• 2 months later...

OK car needs to go now as the missus isnt getting on with it as planned:

All modified parts for sale here are the main prices

Seats £350

Starlites £250

MFD £300

iPod kit £80

Parrot Handsfree £50

Grill £60

I cant think of too many but if you do im taking offers as i need the car standard asap

:)

Edited by madmanncfc

• 11 months later...

Well after almost a year ive returned.Assuming anyone remembers me anyway.

Lots has happened over the last year some good and some bad. The good news was after several delays and various crappy estate agents i got the house which looks a bit like this:

null_zpscc918007.jpg

The bad news is that i had no lupo despite many attempts to hold onto it. :(

The missus had decided that we should use her fiesta as it was "much better and more reliable". So we did, for all of 6 months untill it failed the MOT on the following:

£600 of welding

£100 of parts

£150 of labour

The guys at the MOT place said they hadnt ever seen someone celebrate a cars demise as much as i did. I always hated the Fiesta so it was prompty scrapped and its replacement collected from gumtree for £400.

I'll put the story so far up when i have some free time but here she is in crap iphone quality:

null_zpsbb2e3164.jpg

null_zps2443cd65.jpg

Its a 1999 16v Polo 6N. With very little rust which is a miracle for these cars. It also passed its MOT needing only a bit of exhaust a droplink and a little weld. A lot cheaper and the missus likes it too.

Welcome back mate :D The pepperpots got onto the loop for all of a few weeks before I sold it haha check my build thread. Missuses eh, mine's telling me saving for a holiday's more important than a set RMs, ridiculous :lol:

Welcome back mate :D The pepperpots got onto the loop for all of a few weeks before I sold it haha check my build thread. Missuses eh, mine's telling me saving for a holiday's more important than a set RMs, ridiculous :lol:

Thanks Koop. Yeah i saw the pepperpots they looked good :). Like the replacement though. Yeah i was pretty annoyed with her. Having used most of my savings on the house i wasnt that pleased to then have to buy a car :(

Welcome back =) you still got the scooter as well? ;)

Thanks Marv Yeah still got the scooter for commuting when i dont have the car it does a job i guess. Bloody cold in winter mind.

As promised i shall now try and document almost 9 months of car onwership into one post.

Got the car and it looked like this:

image_zps91bab9ee.jpg

Loads of bits were missing including:

Glovebox on drivers side

Seat mountings which made the drive home interesting

Various trims

Rear wiper motor

Ariel

It also had a damaged headlight

So i raided my local breakers and got the glovebox and all the seat mounting bits along with a new rad cap and expansion tank for £20

Also raided my shed and found the following bits:

Wiper Blade and arm for the rear once id found a motor

Battery insulating surround

Headlight of my old white 6n which repalced the damaged one

Also a load of lupo trim i forgot i had

So after fixing all the boring broken things i let the missus use it and she actually liked it :surprised:

So i decided to carry on improving things. The first thing was the wheels which looked like this:

photo_zps306964b8.jpg

Horrible halfords specials. Fortunately a mate had got a lupo so i swapped my trim bits for his old wheels:

null_zps2bd831b9.jpg

A bit curbed but much much better

I then decided to make a couple of small adjustments to make life better:

null_zps3d4c2fba.jpg

6N2 gear knob and gaiter 99p off ebay and a cup holder centre console £10 from a breakers :)

Then a good clean and a polish inside and out and it looks a lot better:

null_zpsdd399251.jpg

null_zpsf439b47e.jpg

null_zps00309435.jpg

null_zps4bd2491f.jpg

Much better

:)

I think I've got one of those gaiters with blue stitching that I never got round to fitting to Mrs Koop's 6n2 if you're interested.