Easy access seats memory position

old steve

Still exploring my new urban fox 1.2.

Great car - cost the same as my 12 year old Seat Arosa 1.4 did when new, amazing really.

Anyway back to the easy access sliding front seats. On mine only the drivers seat remembers its position when you slide it back and forth. Is that the same for you other urban fox owners ?

Steve

Edited by old steve

I was unsure as to whether VW actualy describe the easy-entry front seats as having a memory feature.

But.. Page78 of the Instruction Manual states "it also replace the seat in its original position". Their grammer not mine :rolleyes:

Edited by old steve

In my fox, I always had to slide the seat part (the bit you sit on) before moving -any- of the back part anywhere (the bit your back is on :P)

So slide the seat, then when i stops (it should remember where it was), put the back rest thing back as it should be.

John

thanks john, yes i think your describing how the memory works. Tip backrest forward, then slide seat base forward for access, then back to the memory position before putting backrest upright. However this only works for my drivers seat. :huh:

Edited by old steve

thanks john, yes i think your describing how the memory works. Tip backrest forward, then slide seat base forward for access, then back to the memory position before putting backrest upright. However this only works for my drivers seat. :huh:

Ah i see :S

In that case I would say that's a fault I never noticed this in my fox (urban 1.4). I'm almost 100% sure that wasn't the case for my car.

I don't have it anymore or i'd double check.

Good luck getting it fixed