No key security tag, no radio security code

old steve

Hi everyone, just had my new urban fox delivered.

The manual says I should have 2 keys and a key code tag. No tag supplied!. The dealer said vw don't include a tag for cars made outside Germany.

Also no security code for the radio either.

(By the way the radio has a aux in in the glove box + mp3 playback from CD which I wasn't expecting)

Can any other fox owners confirm if this is correct ?

Cheers and thanks in advance

Edited by old steve

Hi everyone, just had my new urban fox delivered.

The manual says I should have 2 keys and a key code tag. No tag supplied!. The dealer said vw don't include a tag for cars made outside Germany.

Also no security code for the radio either.

(By the way the radio has a aux in in the glove box + mp3 playback from CD which I wasn't expecting)

Can any other fox owners confirm if this is correct ?

Cheers and thanks in advance

hey man,

mine came with one remote key and one just normal without the remote.. don't think it had a tag.. the manuals are made in general and aren't specific to an exact setup so they are probably telling the truth about the german only ones..

you should have gotten a radio code tho.. without one if you disconnect the battery for whatever reason then you cant turn the radio back on.. mine was written in pen on a business card (professional!) in the handbook.. i'm pretty sure they have it on there system at the dealer so id go in and ask if i was you...

hope that helps...

Thanks for your quick response, I feel happy now. Going slightly off subject again I re-read the radio manual and it says you do not have to enter the anti-theft code if the battery is disconnected or even if the radio is removed!. It says it it stored 'in the vehicle'. Presumeably it is matched to this car and is only needed in a new car.

My mistake was to talk to the salesman, I will phone the service mannager on Monday to confirm the facts back here for anyone thats interested

The keys are one remote one normal.

The radio coad should be there if not the previouse owner or VW have keept it (however my new polo has not got one) so in 07 and before they gave you a card but after they may have dropped it.

The key tag is so you can get more keys cut this should be suplyed with the car if not they can charge you for looking it up on the database, you need to get it now as they should not charge you for it. Ether the old owner or VW have still got it.

I am only going on my 07 Fox.

Hope it get sorted

J

I've just phoned the service dept. They said VW stopped providing a key code tag years ago for security reasons and the manual is generic and does'nt apply to everything. He also said they have the radio code but I should never need it.

Thanks for your helpful replies

Steve

Edited by old steve

I've just phoned the service dept. They said VW stopped providing a key code tag years ago for security reasons and the manual is generic and does'nt apply to everything. He also said they have the radio code but I should never need it.

Thanks for your helpful replies

Steve

The radio code is stored on the ECU My Lupo is the same resets itself after a couple of mins after the battery is reconnected.