Warning Lights

Flying_Fox

I have problems with my fox's warning lights. The abs light is constantly on and the brake warning light flashes and beeps 3 times constantly, sometimes the power steering light comes on and when that happens the speedo does'nt work, on cold starts in the morning the coolant light flashes and beeps too! anyone have any sort of idea whats causing all this, my car has been into the dealers 3 times with this but come out the same.

I have problems with my fox's warning lights. The abs light is constantly on and the brake warning light flashes and beeps 3 times constantly, sometimes the power steering light comes on and when that happens the speedo does'nt work, on cold starts in the morning the coolant light flashes and beeps too! anyone have any sort of idea whats causing all this, my car has been into the dealers 3 times with this but come out the same.

Sounds like an electrical fault to me. Ive never heard of anything like this thoe, id take it to a garage and get it checked out mate.

sounds very strange :S...

such a hassle when the dealers cant fix something.. mines gone in 3 times for the boot lock and the passenger door and all 3 times both items have broken again...

im not sure what you should do but i remember when it was snowing (i drive alot so my abs was coming on alot) my abs light and my power steering lights both came on... probably because the car thought there was a fault because of the constant abs and steering being too light etc..

also my engine light came on a few months back and it was misfiring.. they said the sensor had come loose or something and it needed adjusting and it was fine after that (all done on warrantee) the only thing i can suggest is to take it in again and tell them that youve been in before with the problem..

i have noticed that some of the parts are quite cheap and tend not to be built to last.. still a good car tho.. ive got 47000 miles on mine since july 2008.. no real big problems so far.. (apart from the above).

VW Fox's are great cars! i love mine. My car is a 06 plate and its done 43000 miles, the only major thing thats gone on it since ive had the car was the drive shaft, but it was fixed and out of the VW garage in a few hours, done all under warrenty. I wouldnt change my Fox for the world, great cars!

VW Fox's are great cars! i love mine. My car is a 06 plate and its done 43000 miles, the only major thing thats gone on it since ive had the car was the drive shaft, but it was fixed and out of the VW garage in a few hours, done all under warrenty. I wouldnt change my Fox for the world, great cars!

damm.. the driveshaft? that sounds pretty serious?

damm.. the driveshaft? that sounds pretty serious?

Yeah it is pretty serious, but ive only had the car 4 months so its still under warrenty. The driveshaft went about a month and abit ago, but it was towed to the VW garage and they had it done in a few hours, so i now have a brand new driveshaft on wich will last me ages and ages. It must of been nearly out of its working travel when they sold me the car but never told me about it. I love the Fox thoe its great. What do you think of your's ?

Yeah it is pretty serious, but ive only had the car 4 months so its still under warrenty. The driveshaft went about a month and abit ago, but it was towed to the VW garage and they had it done in a few hours, so i now have a brand new driveshaft on wich will last me ages and ages. It must of been nearly out of its working travel when they sold me the car but never told me about it. I love the Fox thoe its great. What do you think of your's ?

did you buy it from a vw dealer? thats pretty bad tho for it to go before even 50000 miles.. im pretty sure something like that shouldnt go atall! glad to hear its fixed tho.. my car will officially be out of warrantee in 3000 miles:(. its a pretty good car.. i wouldnt buy one again tho.. think id go for the new polo.. or go back to an older polo.. i loved my mk4 polo:)..

did you buy it from a vw dealer? thats pretty bad tho for it to go before even 50000 miles.. im pretty sure something like that shouldnt go atall! glad to hear its fixed tho.. my car will officially be out of warrantee in 3000 miles:(. its a pretty good car.. i wouldnt buy one again tho.. think id go for the new polo.. or go back to an older polo.. i loved my mk4 polo:)..

Yeah i got it from my local VW dealer, i was thinking the same thing aswell! but glad its fixed and working properly. Tbh i would go back to a VW Lupo or even a vaxhall corsa. But the Fox still is a good car.

I had this same problem. ABS light would flash/Parking light indicator would flash and sound/power steering would randomly pack in/speedo starts whizzing all over the place. Finally got fed up when one morning it just wouldn't start. VW recovered it and the battery was completely flat (nothing had been left on). They replaced the battery - under warranty - but the new battery wouldn't hold its charge. They sent off reports to VW UK as they couldn't locate where the drain was coming from. Finally found out there was a naked section of wire in the passenger door or one that ran under that space I cant remember exactly. Anyways, since then I've had no problems. Touch wood!