My Fox...

ermmurray

hey guys.... you may recognise me from around here... been a member a while.. so anywayz..... i decided to bite the bullet (and my overdraft!) and ordered some fk coilovers should be here next week... so this is gonna be a bit of a running project of my fox just to see what you guys think and to give/get given any ideas.. hope you enjoy... ed.

DSCF1124.jpg

Edited by ermmurray

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha to the lot of you.....

im gonna go as low as i bloody can.. lower than any lupo ;P.. the coileys i got say 100mm but with a bit of modding im sure i can get a bit more.. (remember the fox is soooo high)

i think i might paint my steelies too.. any ideas on colours? i thought maybe white.. i saw a silver lupo with white steels that looked quite cool.. im not sure tho... ill get proper rims eventually just the coilovers took a massive bite out of my wallet....

hmm, paintings tempting but i think id just leave them black for now.

What wheels you got in mine? I think the fox would need a bit of width in the wheels...

yea i know what you mean.. especially when there clean there very cool...

in terms of real wheels im really not sure.. im thinking some small ones with a little strech.. like 13/14s.. coz its only a small engine i dont want anything too big.. and i love lupos with little wheels..

I saw some matte gray hub caps it Halfords yesterday also some two tone black a silver.

I think you can do a lot with hubcaps and your insurance company can't bum hole you for changing them.

If you do get some alloys I saw in this weeks Auto Express alloy gators and the protect the edge of the rim you can get them in lots of different shades.

get some g60s if they fit and get them banded, lower as low it will go, im looking forward to this thread, i agree with the other guys, buddy make us proud of the little fox,,,,,,,

yeah it is,,,what a diff it makes from the top pic to the upgrades, i never thought 15s would look big enough for a fox with them having high sides and big arch looking but i really like this, it looks right as it should, hey i rec with a little stash of cash it would look amazing, u will have to keep a thread going ffor us,,,really temped to see how u get on with this project,,,,,

yeah it is,,,what a diff it makes from the top pic to the upgrades, i never thought 15s would look big enough for a fox with them having high sides and big arch looking but i really like this, it looks right as it should, hey i rec with a little stash of cash it would look amazing, u will have to keep a thread going ffor us,,,really temped to see how u get on with this project,,,,,

yea man.. i think it looks just right too.. that is only a photoshop tho so fingers crossed it will look that good in the flesh too! i should be getting the coilovers next week sometime so ill put up some pics when there on..

ill keep updating the thread too on anything i do to it.. to see what you guys think..

i've just started to do my fox too :D, how much did the coilovers cost?

got them from venom motorsport for £420 i think it was.. i know expensive... they're fk coilovers and can go down 100mm.. and more if i mess around..

ive seen plenty around for about 250/300 jamex etc.. my ones they had to order in from the factory in germany tho so i guess there is a very low demand...

ps.. glad to hear im not the only person doing anything to a fox! ive only ever heard/seen 2 others.. and that was on here and wheel-whores..

look forward to seeing yours..

Edited by ermmurray

got them from venom motorsport for £420 i think it was.. i know expensive... they're fk coilovers and can go down 100mm.. and more if i mess around..

ive seen plenty around for about 250/300 jamex etc.. my ones they had to order in from the factory in germany tho so i guess there is a very low demand...

ps.. glad to hear im not the only person doing anything to a fox! ive only ever heard/seen 2 others.. and that was on here and wheel-whores..

look forward to seeing yours..

How did u get the bump strips off mate? and i'm having probs gettin the big red power wire for sub through the bulk head into the footwell, keeps gettin caught!!!

How did u get the bump strips off mate? and i'm having probs gettin the big red power wire for sub through the bulk head into the footwell, keeps gettin caught!!!

the bump strips were a little tricky.. The sticky stuff is very sticky.. What I did was used a plastic bike tyre lever to get one end up then sort of cut the foam tape while you pull the rest off.. Be bloody carefull tho I scratched my car horridly doing it.. Just take your time and be gentle.. It leaves a horrible tacky mess after so youl wanna get like a bug and tar remover to get that off.. Definalty worth doing tho mate.. Im sure there's a lupo description on how to that's better than mine..

The sub cable was pretty easy.. I did it through where the bonnet open lever would be(the oppo side) in terms of finding it when it comes through the other side.. Trial and error..

the bump strips were a little tricky.. The sticky stuff is very sticky.. What I did was used a plastic bike tyre lever to get one end up then sort of cut the foam tape while you pull the rest off.. Be bloody carefull tho I scratched my car horridly doing it.. Just take your time and be gentle.. It leaves a horrible tacky mess after so youl wanna get like a bug and tar remover to get that off.. Definalty worth doing tho mate.. Im sure there's a lupo description on how to that's better than mine..

The sub cable was pretty easy.. I did it through where the bonnet open lever would be(the oppo side) in terms of finding it when it comes through the other side.. Trial and error..

Cheers, i'll try the sub later on today. gonna leave the bump strips just now lol. I've recently fitted a piper cross induction kit to mine's and a pioneer head unit. Bought an exhaust too but looks like i'll have to cut the original one off!! When are you getting your coilovers fitted, lookin forward to seein the pics.