Silver GTi on Traffic Cops

dxg

I remember this being discussed at great length with about 6 threads at once when they played this episode the first time round :lol:

The kid got banned for 42 days and fined £150.

Yup. As soon as I had a text from a friend of mine saying it had been on again, I thought "Oh good, millions of topics again..."

Aaaargh!

Lots of topics, merged.

This was a repeat!

(That guy is a hero - we had pictures of him last time)

;)

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooor, let someone else do it to prove the point.

There's pretty much no denying 125mph in a GTI is dangerous... it's at the bleeding edge of the car's capabilities for a start. Braking isn't safe at that speed... I know, I've been there and done it - although not in this country.

Preferably, yes!

I just don't like people who whinge about being caught speeding!

Any small hatch over 120mph is pretty tricky to handle, not something I make a habit of, but sometimes in the heat of the moment you get carried away ;)

Yup. As soon as I had a text from a friend of mine saying it had been on again, I thought "Oh good, millions of topics again..."

;)

maybe a repeat but ive not read those threads and i may not be the only one to have not .it was last shown over a year ago i think

I hit 136 on the speedo in mine to see what it was capable of and although the speed was fun the car didnt feel too great. I rarely speed but often accelerate quite hard to the limits. Been pulled over once before for tamping it to 40MPH from some lights but after giving the car a full thorough check over and breathalysing me the cop accepted defeat and let me go because he had nothing on me. Obviously the 136 wasnt in the UK :)

I hit 136 on the speedo in mine to see what it was capable of and although the speed was fun the car didnt feel too great. I rarely speed but often accelerate quite hard to the limits. Been pulled over once before for tamping it to 40MPH from some lights but after giving the car a full thorough check over and breathalysing me the cop accepted defeat and let me go because he had nothing on me. Obviously the 136 wasnt in the UK :)

It's surprisingly nippy the GTi lump in yours. I got it into 3 figures quite easily but I would not want to be doing 130+ in that car!

Edited by LiamD

Discouraged Behaviour

* Club Lupo discourages the use of “text speak” although forum abbreviations are acceptable.

* Please be aware that many members view this site from computers which may be monitored -

Club Lupo requests that members be conscious of this and mark any questionable threads clearly in the title as being “Not Safe for Work” (NSFW).

* Club Lupo discourages behaviour that is dangerous or illegal whether perceived or actual. This includes (but is not limited to) the advertisement of illegal “cruises” and the condoning of other illegal or dangerous behaviour.

Just a subtle reminder. ;)

Tune that like! :D

Speeding is naughty, we should all buy 1.0's etc.

Is it ironic that I got caught speeding in the slowest car I ever owned? :lol:

Although the Polo is still waiting for it's ASBO to come through or whatever that was, not saying what speed that was at on a public forum though! :blush:

Plenty of cookies, shortbread etc - they joys of xmas left overs!

edit: Whoops!! Nicki appears to have left a nice shiny padlock in my kitchen...wonder what that gets used for!

Edited by Clairey Fairy

LOL we've just watched it. Again.

Remember last time it was on, I started a thread at the same time as six others including another mod'.

Never had to merge a duplicated thread by a moderator before :lol:

Did the lad every come on the forum after that?