STUPID PS3

marcusgrant

As per title really. I've swapped my 360 for my mates ps3 for a bit. Trying to connect it to the web using a wireless connection.

The ps3 has picked up the livebox and is asking me for the WEP key. My WEP kep is 24 characteres long (its on the botton of the orange livebox)

I've entered the 24 character WEP key, but once i press ok the PS3 on shows the WEP key as being 8 characters long!.. hence it wont connect.

Now i'm stuck. Am i supposed to change my WEP key to a 8 character one?... I dont want to do this as there are a good few things in the house using wireless and it may cock them up.

So yeah, anyone got any idea :confused:

Should of just stuck the the 360!

Cheers everyone :)

yeah iv not heard of this before and iv put mine on loads of different networks, have you scanned for your router? or entered it manually, all i ever do it scan for it then do it this way, dont think you have to enter it then do you? or there is something you can buy to make it wired and wireless at the same time, its £90 but its really good, its hard to explain but will have to meet up soon and i will tellyou about it, its made by a company called billion if you want to google it?

basically you club this box into a socket and has an ethenite cable going from the box to your ps3. you connect this to your router wirelessly so when its plugged into your p3 its giving a wired connection = 100% signal strength? sorry if this is no use to you atall or you cant even understand.

mine also has a passphrase longer than 8. Have you got it set to wep, when your wireless base unit is set to wpa?

I've got mine set as wpa/psk and it works fine.

Have you thought about changing the password for your wireless network?

For example, instead of using a 24 character WEP password use a 8 character WPA2 256AES password like 4Bcd3FgH? IIRC WPA2 uses a stronger encryption than WEP and makes it a lot harder to hack.

Edited by VinnyGTI