Remaining GTI & Sport Numbers

99hjhm

Theres a white arosa for sale near me.

Not sure if its sport, but its MK2.

Ill go check when im there...

Oh, and PURPLE (Dont argue me, i love winding ford owners up) fiestas are Imperial Blue :P

Edited by JamesU

Silver Puntos are called "Steel Grey" too.

Silly really, as they're obviously both silver.

I nearly called myself Arctic Grey!, but something in there just didn't sound right, or maybe was too near the truth!

:)

What about the colour concepts? They added into the base colours?

What about regular Lupos now then ay? Hehe

Amazing thread. Deffo getting a bookmark!

Thanks!

Affraid cannot get information on the Colour Concepts, nor the 3L's. :( Although s2000king did manage to find out about how many of his Polo Colour Concepts there were, which was surprising.

However... I have got all the figures for all remaining Lupo's, broken down into model, colour and number remaining (as of Sept 09):shades:

I may post them up in the 'How to'/'Information', or in this thread.

Nice work man! I would be eager to see how many Mk1 Lupos (pre-02) there are left about!

Sorry.. I haven't got the breakdowns of the years of registration for each Lupo, I only have that information for the Lupo GTI's. :rolleyes:

Also, as the VW importers haven't got back to me and VW customer service were totally wrong, does anyone know exactly how many GTI's were originally sold in the UK? 998?

I sent an email to VW to find out how many GTI's they sold in the UK.

Just got this reply.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Lupo GTI. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

Our Sales Team have confirmed that there were 270 Lupo GTI's released in the UK.

seems they are not sure and made a figure up :confused:

Edited by steve200

Our Sales Team have confirmed that there were 270 Lupo GTI's released in the UK.

Wow a lot of imports then .... :P:P

I sent an email to VW to find out how many GTI's they sold in the UK.

Just got this reply.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Lupo GTI. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

seems they are not sure and made a figure up :confused:

Yes, that is the response I got,when they replied to me. I posted it up on the last page...

Volkswagen Customer Service' date='Mar 17 2010, 12:02 PM'] Thank you for your recent email, requesting information on the Volkswagen Lupo GTI.

I have spoken to our Sales and Generalist Team who have confirmed that a total of two hundred and seventy Volkswagen Lupo GTI's were sold in the UK.

Unfortunately, our Sales and Generalist Team were unable to provide me with a breakdown on colours for the vehicles sold.

I hope this information proves useful.

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen UK.

Yours sincerely

Customer Service Advisor

Volkswagen Customer Service

Err.. Yeah, 270 GTI's, not even close lol. :lol:

At least they replied in the end.. :rolleyes:

...and if VW doesn't even know correct figure themselves for the number of GTI's sold in the UK, then we will never know exactly.

So just under 1000 GTI's seems fair?

I'd take a guess at just under 1000, sounds about right for how many are left.

Yes, would say so!

Also found this..

995 had been registered, 5 were unregistered. So say a few have crashed, figures wrong a little + imports. Prob about 1000 all in!

Those figures came from VW and they sound a little bit more accurate than 270. :lol:

Hi all

I have 2002 lupo Brochure that lists moon silver as a gti only option colour and reflex as an option for non gti's only!

So at least you can say from your charts that are 323 moon silver gti's on the road up to and including the 2002 manufacture year not counting any later registard, making it the most popular colour or most common depending on your point of view

• 3 months later...

Found this post which was interesting...

ALRITE GUYS.I HAVE A LUPO GTI WANTED TO KNOW HOW MANY WERE MADE AND WHAT NUMBER I HAD SO I EMAILED VW AND GOT THIS IN RESPONSE:

Good Morning,

Below are the sales figures for the 5 years the Lupo was in production in the UK.

If you take your chassis number to your local Volkswagen retailer they will be able to tell you what number your vehicle was in production. I must stress that this is only the Lupo GTI sales for the UK, we do not have access to the Lupo GTI sales for other countries.

So in answer to your question there were more than 500 Lupo GTIs produced.

Make : VOLKSWAGEN

Model : LUPO

Trim level : GTI

Yr_00 : 3

Yr_01 : 378

Yr_02 : 284

Yr_03 : 168

Yr_04 : 126

Yr_05 : 67

TOTAL NUMBER PRODUCED : 1026

Hope this helps

Regards

Stephen McNeill

Volkswagen Enquiry Management

stephen.mcneill@volkswagen.co.uk

SO THERE YOU GO THATS HOW MANY THEY ARE! NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS FIND OUT HOW MANY ARE ACTUALLY LEFT NOW!

1026?

Original sales figures:

Yr_00 : 3

Yr_01 : 378

Yr_02 : 284

Yr_03 : 168

Yr_04 : 126

Yr_05 : 67

Remaining (Sept 09)

Yr_00 : 2 (-1)

Yr_01 : 320 (-58)

Yr_02 : 255 (-29)

Yr_03 : 141 (-27)

Yr_04 : 118 (-8)

Yr_05 : 63 (-4)

• 2 weeks later...

So the 'offical figures' say just over 1,000 and at the end of the thread you claim 1,800 because a car salesman said so...... :lol:

Love this information, always knew were rare, but didn't realise how much so!! Fingers crossed tomorrow get my 2nd one :-)

• 2 weeks later...

So the 'offical figures' say just over 1,000 and at the end of the thread you claim 1,800 because a car salesman said so...... :lol:

i did not at any point say that infomation was correct only what i had been told by a vw sales man when i was looking for one.

This is why people will/have go of this forum people add a bit to a conversation only to have this said.

Like i said above more than once i didnt say it was correct only trying to add.

thanks

gary