knocking suspension ???

baj

Had my Lopo GTI about 3 weeks now.

Beginning to notice a strange kind of knocking noise, seems like its coming from the rear passenger corner. It only occurs when im taking `left-handed` corners.

It doesnt matter what speed, infact it seems louder and more noticable at slow speeds around town. Gentle left handers are fine, but if u kind of yank the wheel to turn left u get this dodgy knocking sound.

Could it be the suspension or something, any ideas ??

On a differenet note ... although it could even be related.

Again the passenger side, in the rear of the car is an awful rattle, it doesnt start until about 50+mph, sounds like its coming from the seatbelt, seat or the panel trim somewhere ... driving me mad !!! A rattly plasticy sound this one, and definately sounds internal.

Could it be the cup holder? If you put your hand right at the back of the cup holder the noise will stop. Needs to be disassembled and reassembled with some insulation.

That's the only rattle I've had so far - I know they can be a nightmare to get sorted though.

Does moving the passenger seat make any difference?

It probably isn't suspension related. I'm sure I've read on this site it's related to the struts which open the boot.

Apparently it's possible to tighten them up and this will get rid of the knock.

It was in a list of hints and tips. Can't remember who wrote the list, but it was on here recently, and bossjohn commented on it (dropping you in it mate :thumbs: )

ive had a quick search around the forum about these boot struts but cant seem to find anything

do you or anyone have a link ??

oh and the interior rattle definatley isnt the cup holders, its coming from the rear seat area

nice little collection of info that link, thanks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

wish i had read that before i jumped in and bought it, oh well

mine also suffers from intermitent leccy window problems, the drivers side is fine, but sometimes the passenger window will not work full stop, 3 seconds later its fine ???

gonna try that trick about tightening the boot strut opening things, if that doesnt solve it i might take it back to be looked at

My passenger side window stopped working, and the stealer monkey unplugged the connector, plugged it in again and it worked fine.

However, they still fitted me a new motor under warranty. Motto is get it back to your stealer.

As for the list of problems, every car has them!! The thing is, do the good things outweigh the bad. With the Loop GTI the answer is definitely yes (in my book anyway).

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> @ Bigmon - at least I know the air recycle switch doesn't work when it's pointing at the windscreen! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I seem to have been fairly lucky as far as problems go then.

Only two for me so far - rattly cupholder and I have noticed the noisy caliper/disc symptom on reversing after releasing handbrake on one or two occasions.