short shift kit?

Robbo87

Word on the street is that a mk3 VR6 short shifter will fit a 1.4 sport mechanism??

my mate has one in his polo GTI

any confirmation?

Well philplop has a Golf Mk4 B&M quickshift in his GTI, thats what they must use in Polo GTI's. Seem to be very hard to get hold of.

No idea if this is the same as a VR6.

I was looking at one of these.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123

After some research, the Golf/Bora Mk4 4Motion shifter(Stick) is the same one as a 5 and 6 Speed Lupo GTI, the seller tells me it will fit a 4Motion car. Different part number to a Lupo Sport though.

Might be alot of effort for no result.

Edited by 99hjhm

I would like one for my sport but don't know if it would fit :wacko:

yeah me too, I'd love a quick shifter but they don't do them for a sport & it's abit of an expensive gamble to take.

After more research, Polo 6n2 GTI people use a Mk3 Golf B&M quickshift. The Polo GTI shifter is the same as a Lupo with cable change gearboxes(Not rod change and not GTI/TDI) Should fit a AUB engine code Sport then?

• 2 years later...

ive just bought a mk4 gti quickshift and it look exactly the same or very similar. only thing is i just found a video if it being fitted to a golf and its a lot more work than i anticipated. you have to unbolt it from underneath by the looks of it which requires removing the centre section of the exhaust and heat shield ect. can anyone tell me if this is right ??

Yeah, you need to undo the centre section of the exhaust and take it off the hangers to drop it down, remove the front and centre heat shields, pry the bottom of the shifter box off and unclip the shift rods.

Then get inside the car and swap the shifter over, then back underneath and refit everything.

It's not actually as bad as it sounds. I swapped mine back to standard last week in an hour. Needs to be up on four axle stands or ramps though.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...