Purchasing iphone 3gs

Mattwilko92

Hi Guys and Girls,

My upgrade date is the 12th march and i really want to go for an iphone 3gs. However, the tarrifs are appalling! I am on a very good tariff with orange at the minute and i dont want to lose my unlimited texts. So i was thinking, would it be possible for me to upgrade to say a sony satio, sell that and buy an iphone 3gs on orange pay as u go, and put my contract sim card in?

Therefore i could keep my tariff, and my number, and in the long run it will be cheaper because of the smaller monthly payments.

So my question is, would i be able to use my orange pay monthly sim card in a orange payg iphone 3gs??

Thanks,

Matt

Yes but you may or may not get 3G signal. I've got a BlackBerry and an iPhone but the iPhone sim is in my mums phone and the BlackBerry sim is in my iPhone but Orange won't register my BlackBerry sim to my iPhone so I don't get any 3G signal with it which is a total pain in the arse. Wish they had told me that when I got the phone! Now I have a 2 year contract with a 3G phone that I can't use on 3G!!

Yes but you may or may not get 3G signal. I've got a BlackBerry and an iPhone but the iPhone sim is in my mums phone and the BlackBerry sim is in my iPhone but Orange won't register my BlackBerry sim to my iPhone so I don't get any 3G signal with it which is a total pain in the arse. Wish they had told me that when I got the phone! Now I have a 2 year contract with a 3G phone that I can't use on 3G!!

Surely your blackberry would of took 3G, therefore cant u just get a 3G sim card off orange?

You do normally but they added blackberry to my tarfiff for free.

I don't know why they won't just send me the settings to get 3G on mine. Bit annoying cause I want to watch tv in traffic jams :lol:

you can do a handset only upgrade but not on an iPhone. iPhone tariffs are specfic iPhone.

You do normally but they added blackberry to my tarfiff for free.

I don't know why they won't just send me the settings to get 3G on mine. Bit annoying cause I want to watch tv in traffic jams :lol:

you can do a handset only upgrade but not on an iPhone. iPhone tariffs are specfic iPhone.

My mate has done what i suggested in my first post, and told them and they sent him a 3G sim card for free :)

Think im gonna go for what i said in my first post as then it will only be £25 a month for 400mins, unlimited texts and unlimited anytime internet.

Unless anyone has any reasons why it wouldnt work?

Matt