Throttle bodies on a Sport

joed05

im opting to do a throttle body conversion on the Lupo and would like some definitive answers and info if possible, ive been told that badger5 would be the best place to go and have been advised that 40mm bodies would be best. Where would i be able to get an inlet manifold suitable? http://www.badger-5.com/2001/throttlebodiesdcoe.html am i right in saying i would need the TB type 40MM double for £420. What else do i need apart from the ECU and fuel rail, i am led to believe the linkage comes attached to the bodies. Thanks in advance people :D

we'll be getting a inlet manifold made up for the GTi using a custom made one that I have as a template. does any one know if the port shape and spacing is the same on the GTi as the Sport? If so we'd be able to provide a full kit with Jenvey TB's...

I've found on here that it's been done to a GTI but I couldn't find anyone thats put throttle bodies on a sport, if they have. What were the power gains & an idea of cost of the whole project.

Wasnt tigz engine a 1.4?

I think tie 1.6 engine made about 167bhp. So thats about 40bhp increase.

There going to be expensive, the tb arrangement is about £750 iirc, correct me if im wrong. Then standalone ecu, plus mapping and fitting. thats a good £1500 dependant on the ecu.

Whos going to do it? you or a garage? That will have a big factor on the price.

• 2 weeks later...

we'll be getting a inlet manifold made up for the GTi using a custom made one that I have as a template. does any one know if the port shape and spacing is the same on the GTi as the Sport? If so we'd be able to provide a full kit with Jenvey TB's...

You'd be my hero!! I'm looking at a set of Jenveys however will have to have the manifold custom made, would make things a bit easier / cheaper :)

You'd be my hero!! I'm looking at a set of Jenveys however will have to have the manifold custom made, would make things a bit easier / cheaper :)

I think gareth on here still has a inlet manifold for sale if you want to sort something before we get our one finished.. » inlet manifold

If you manage to get this off him we've got a Jenvey group buy running on another forum that you can jump in on for a deal on the bits you'd need.. It ends at the end of the month so I'm not sure if its too short notice for you?

I think gareth on here still has a inlet manifold for sale if you want to sort something before we get our one finished.. » inlet manifold

If you manage to get this off him we've got a Jenvey group buy running on another forum that you can jump in on for a deal on the bits you'd need.. It ends at the end of the month so I'm not sure if its too short notice for you?

Ok I'll have to find out if the ports are the same on the gti and sport :)

Can you send me the details? If its a good deal then my credit card can take the pain :)

Edited by truCido

ports are identical, as are afh head, my bodies and linkage with trumpets came it at 750,then inlet ecu etc on top.