Clio - Ideas...

JamesU

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, you go on ebay and look for Lenso BSX's and there all around the £500 mark. People always say they get them cause they can't afford BBS splits but you can pick up a set of RMs for £500! So I don't see why you would ever pay for a set of cheap replicas that cost the same as the real deal? I mean if the BSXs were £150-200 then I'd see why people do it but there not, there £500. You can get Ronal LS for about that price as well and there much better looking.

they remind me of fake uggs , wonder if they make cars run on the inside of their tyres like the uggs make their cheap skate human users

it was in jest but i guess a joke aint allowed on a here anymore, your right the forum has changed, just as you say some people are blinkered to vw only i think some people may be blinkered as to what harmless joking is. :rolleyes:

on another note i think some oldschool tsw stealths a nice drop and jobs a good one, i remember mk1 clio's looked nice on those wheels.

Well this is my old one. Nothing special...just some colour coding and silver 16V badges, 15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s, lowered -40mm on Apex springs, RS grill and a Pipercross induction kit.

DSC01185-1.jpg

DSC01178-2.jpg

DSC00748-1.jpg

Basic mods are, like I've already said, lowering and RS grill. Then silvervision indicator bulbs to get rid of the fried egg look, clear side repeaters if it hasn't got any and some colour coding.

As for wheels, most people go for Speedline Turinis off the 172 Cup or the Pro Race 1.2s like I had. A Cup spoiler off the 172/182 Cup like this goes well, but you'll need to get it painted, even if you find a black one as the black off the 182 is black gold as opposed to pearl black.

CupSpoiler1Small.jpg

Join cliosport.net. Tbh they'll tell you the exact same things as me, but it's a good resource base, and they don't look down on the 1.2s at all. With the right little mods they look alright!

Just a quick tip, if you do try to Euro it they don't go down very well at the front. This is my mate's and the coilies are all the way down with the adjusters out of the front

3886576b3c0e9f34a661889c53ec9991d4432ac.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMGP1654.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

Here's a few others for inspiration...

9820.jpg

pinkysouthmimms.jpg

euroclio3ub8.jpg

euroclio3hi0.jpg

euroclio5yd8.jpg

euroclio6dx3.jpg

euroclio5yd8.jpg

euroclio6dx3.jpg

TH Lines look the tits on anything..... fact!

The other 1 iv quoted looks the dogs 2! I used to have a clio with a few bits done.... cant find any pics atm. Just lowered it 35mm on some Boss XL200s (if i remember correctly) and a few other little bits. Looked pretty good imo!

A clio gti? They never did one...and if you mean sell it and buy a lupo - see my above posts...

Otherwise, i love the majority of those look ace.

Im only saying get a Lupo GTI becuase i have had 2 Clio's and they were awful! they broke down all the time and were in the garage every week with another problem!

If you want to stick with the Clio get a Cup

untitled-1.jpg

This is my mates, not sure what mods he has on it, when i talk to him i will see what he has had done! He works for Forge so has some nice bits!

Edited by Charlielupo

james did you ever see rage's clio that was in fast car?

that was lovely

cant upload pictures from his faceboook here, says i cant use that image extension???

Edited by loopzmatt

If it were me I'd either considering some proper Euro rims and getting it nice and low.

Or try and get some Clio 172 alloys, which are a decent size (195/40/16) and get it slammed on a set of those. Similar design to the original rims but flatter spokes and that bit bigger.

IMG_0436.jpg

That car never fails to make me laugh. It just looks so pants, boring featureless front end. Just looks like someones went in and went "please take the features off my car, call me when its done".

Tbh I think all those 'euro' Clios look poo. They suit a motorsport theme much better. Big brakes, multispoke rims, cage, buckets etc. Obviously thats not what your missus is after but I'm just saying in general I think they take on that look much better. Imo the below looks better than that purple monstrosity.

untitled-1.jpg