Advice needed

JWLUPO

Hi guys, sorry if there is a similar post to this already but I need some advice! I passed my test two weeks ago and after spending all my savings on my lupo and it's insurance disaster has struck :( My clutch completely failed on Saturday night and managed to get it to a garage by using my RAC warranty. Now the RAC registered garage is saying that the problem is not covered by my warranty! Basically they have said my clutch has worn and caused the clutch pedal box to break and the clutch cable to snap :wacko: There quoting me £600 to fix it and I was just wondering if i'm being taken for a ride with the price?

Much appreciated :)

£600 to replace the worn out clutch, pedal box and the cable? Doesnt sound too far out of the way really.

However VW sometimes replace pedal boxes for free, however if they find your clutch is worn and the heavy pedal has made the box fail they might charge for it.

Are they sure the pedal box and cable have gone at the same time? Seems a bit unlikley. How was the clutch performing before the pedal box went? Was it slipping? Heavy pedal? High bite point?

The clutch originally was really heavy and the bite was really low. I had some work done by the garage I got the car from last week, they had missed something on my suspension and the seal they had fitted in my gear box had broken, they corrected these problems free of charge because they were at fault. Then when i collected the car from them, straight away i noticed a difference in the clutch, it was a lot lighter and it was as if the biting point wasn't there :wacko: 2 days later it failed.