My horn isn't horny anymore

When I press on the wheel I can hear the relay open (behind the fuse box) but no horn. I've checked the fuse and its ok.

Am I right in thinking that if the relay is opening its the sounder in the scuttle that is dead? If so, how can I test it? Is it just 12V for on and 0V for not?

nfbr - What is the sounder thing behind my wiper motor then? Is that the alarm?

RallyeBaz - Yes I have and I've removed it as it is broken. I shall replace it and report on the horn. Why would that happen though when the horn has its own fuse?!

Thanks for the help :)

RallyeBaz - Yes I have and I've removed it as it is broken. I shall replace it and report on the horn. Why would that happen though when the horn has its own fuse?!

I dont know either mate, just found the topic on here when I was doing some research :lol:

That would be the alarm.

As said, its behind the bumper, infront of the passengers arch if ever you need to get to it. Lots of space around it which is nice.

• 5 months later...

Have you checked the Xenon washer jet fuse ??. My horn was not working, although after finding out the washer jet fuse had blown and replacing the fuse, my horn is now working.

Thank you so much for this I was pulling my hair out!!!! :D

P.s it's fuse 47 five back from the bottom right standard size 20A fuse

Edited by bangerturner

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've just done this too, dead chuffed that I managed to fix something the garage didn't know! :) Thanks a million!

Just need to purchase a 25 fuse to replace the swapped one from the rear screen heater now lol - as the pack of 25 fuses I bought doesn't include any 25s, just 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30, typical!

• 1 year later...