The Vento

heartagram

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting to see what you lads were gonna do with this...

Looks mint, I love the US plate tub. This is the only car I've ever missed, was just so comfy.

As for your first post saying the coilies were standard height... i did have it low for a few months and drove round like a granny but nowhere could do a proper wheel alignment and was eating tyres so got fed up and put it back to near standard, also took it in for MOT low and they failed it first time round!

This was when I had it low

22658_1320191162720_1169014927_30997377_8018476_n.jpg

That look a hell of a lot more familiar now, I've still got the original trims up the unit to :lol:

Loving the car, its just got something about it. Only thing is the lacquer peel on the bonnet and bumper has worked its way up the roof and the boot lid since the snow has been. I reckon its just where there has been stone chips or little chips in the paint. The snow has been on it, melted when the heaters have been on and then the snows just on the roof and it freeze again. That must have kept happening and its just lifted loads of the lacquer. Was fine before the snow, knackered during the snow and now the snows gone its not got any worst. I'm convinced its the snow!!

Got this from the states as well

e7aaeb85.jpg

So re-trialed the wheels. I'm not totally sold on them but gonna polish up the lips and get some lower profile tyres for the rears and see what I make of them then. Need to sort the rears out cause they sit to far forward in the arch but I have found a way to solve that. So just need to buy the bits to do it.

17x8.5 up front and 17x10 out back.

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

Also Rich made my clocks red instead of green so it looks a lot nicer in the cabin. Just a couple more bits to convert from green to red.

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

He also did this to the fuel gauge which is comedy :lol:

DSC01700.jpg

Oh and random wheel trims. Although I bought them thinking they were 15s but there 16s so won't go over my wheels. Brand new in boxes as well, d'oh!

IMG_0194.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

yeh hence i want it back lol. i like it on the g60's more kam. the 17, the man from del monte he say no.

• 4 weeks later...

It lives now. Its quite fun to drive, good for just pottering about town in cause its lazy as hell. Haven't really spanked it that much cause its still on the 1.6 brakes (239 solid discs). I've got a full 5 stud wide track for it. Just need some G60 carriers and I'll be rocking. Will have discs on the rears as well. Got this Mulberry trim which is nice. Also got a mk5 Polo steering wheel in it which makes it look a bit more modern. Temp wheel was an old mk2 jobbie :lol:

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

I have the door cards but they are for electric windows and mines on keep fits at the moment. So once I have the windows the door cards will go in to.

Also got a black dash. But I couldn't have just any old black dash so I got a 3.5 cabby one! Its knobbly like a Lupo dash instead of the usual textured vinyl ****e.

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

And got a set of A3 Sport wheels for pennies for when the 5 stud conversion is done. Got a set of 195/45s and 195/50s kicking about so will tyre them up before the 5 stud conversion. Can't decide if I should just leave them silver or give them a refurb and re-colour them. I think black / dark coloured wheels suit the car well.