Cutting Springs

Ive contacted a company about cutting my rear springs and there all good to go.

Only thing is, i dont think i want to cut the weitecs.

If i got hold of some standard springs off someone who's upgraded to coilovers could i do the same thing with them? Im going 2" lower from the height i have on these now? Im guessing to get the same height there just wouldnt be anything left of the original springs? lol

Edited by HAIRBear

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive contacted a company about cutting my rear springs and there all good to go.

Only thing is, i dont think i want to cut the weitecs.

If i got hold of some standard springs off someone who's upgraded to coilovers could i do the same thing with them? Im going 2" lower from the height i have on these now? Im guessing to get the same height there just wouldnt be anything left of the original springs? lol

cutting original springs isnt very safe! to be low there will onli be 2 and a half coils left.

and if the police decide to use a jack you car will be impounded!! :(

déja vu?

yawnnnn :P

Emz got some low(!!!!) springs cant remember where from though. i wouldnt cut 40mm springs either if i were you!?

hmm, im just trying to keep this as cheap as possible, and theres always 40/60mm springs popping up on here for like 50 quid.

Only thing about chopping the weitecs is that i will then only be able to run the 13's

i ran cut rears on one of my old arosas, i was running 13" bbs alloys with 175/50's the tyres caught the arch and the axle point hit the floor on occasion - i also sorted it that the springs would never fall out when jacked up, they were held in under their own compression too not tied / clipped welded etc. pm me if you'd like to know what i did. i'll be doing the same mod to my lates arosa to get it slammmmed!

Olly

there was loads of interest on here but i couldnt find a company to do them low enough! the lowest most went was 60 i think, more a point of customising all the other details, what ever they are, instead of height. and they were more than top end coilies

hmmm :/