Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

Wow looking good Stu, it's sure gonna be different to anything else around

Thanks Nick! Glad u like! I just got sent a video of the trickest part of the build. I think your going to love that more! :D

Just been catching up on this thread, very very impressive work going on.

ICE installs are not my thing but love all the outside the box thinking,

Cant wait to see it all finished. :shades:

Oh by the way, I told Casper the same, BBS RS's are so 2008 ;):lol:

Thanks Colin! (at least for the initial compliment!! :D:lol:)

I've certainly enjoyed reading everyones threads on here. I think that's the thing though . We all have different interests and slightly different angles of likes and dislikes . There's so many diffferent projects going on here but you can still appreciate them and thier efforts regardless.

I'm SO looking forward to getting the loop back on the road! Not long now! ;)

Edited by One life. Live it!

top work as always Stu, nearly there. can't wait to see if completed :)

Thanks Alex! Hope to show you very soon! What shows you got lined up?

Hopefully catch up with you in the summer. Ill be going Edition and Summer festival for definate. Ill try and get to more but trying to save some money at the moment lol

Hey stu,

What sound deadening matting are you gonna use, not talking about the max mat. But the closed cell foam stuff that gonna go in between pannels an on the floor.

As the interior is comming out of mine soon, so just wanted to add some extra noise reducing material while it's out. And so the new equipment will sound that little bit nicer when it's finally fitted.

max mat is far better than people think i have a tonne if it in my car and for those who dont know how heavy it is its heavy but lighter than dynamat the russian military actually use max mat to soundproof their nuclear subs so it must be good!

Hey stu,

What sound deadening matting are you gonna use, not talking about the max mat. But the closed cell foam stuff that gonna go in between pannels an on the floor.

As the interior is comming out of mine soon, so just wanted to add some extra noise reducing material while it's out. And so the new equipment will sound that little bit nicer when it's finally fitted.

As James is part of the Fourmasters network he uses skinz for thier foam cell stuff. We used it in the doors of my transporter and it might go in the loops doors but not anywhere else.

Dubsy- that's an interesting fact that- if it's good enough for the russians it's good enough for me!!

Thats gonna be awesome dude... love the dash idea and the steering wheel!!

Thanks piers! The steering wheel also actions the trickest part of the build- watch this space! Was trying to get the ice aspect finished for mod Nats but too much work! :-(

There has been some advancements in the project. One of the 'trickest' features of the build has been done and I can't wait to show it. When ive done my first show I will try and get a video up. This week sees a lot of the finishing finished!!

Thanks piers! The steering wheel also actions the trickest part of the build- watch this space! Was trying to get the ice aspect finished for mod Nats but too much work! :-(

Nice one dude... keep posting pictures :)

Going to USC?

A few more pics...

5b13b711.jpg

3309eb34.jpg

might not look much butt these bits do something quite cool with the rear seats!

( and that's not the trickest bit)

motorised amp rack?

Pretty much there Dubsy! The rear seat is motorised to tip and slide to give access to the tyre kit, fuses etc and then the amps can be reached for adjustment.

Hope to give you some more pics over next few days as amps are being connected up, head unit in, door pods are being trimmed and dash and centre console too!

Well.... The Lupo is NOT going to make Dubmania :-( Shame!

James was not happy with the dash after fitting it and refitting x8!!

He's reordered the leather for it and is redoing it so obviously this has taken a bit more time. I'm disapointed not to be making this weekends show but happy that James has high standards to want to make the job perfect. I'm happy waiting a little longer if it means the finished outcome will be top notch! Il post some more build pics tomorrow!

It WILL be ready for the Bristol volksfest. Bring it on!!

Shame you cant make it :(, I like the new bits! look forward to some pics!

Will you still be coming to dubmania with out the loop?

Hey Rich! I won't be coming without the loop- which is a shame. I've racked up some serious mileage in my transporter and I'm going to give it a little bit of a rest over the weekend! Will be doing the Bristol volksfest next weekend and then il have a look at what other shows are on. Hope your loop is on the road to recovery? What shows have you planned to do over the next month or so?

Thats a shame Stu :( like you say though, at least you know the finished product will be awesome!

Thanks Marcus- hope to catch up with you soon!

Ahh, bummer, Umm DM this weekend, Think im at a show next weekend somewhere? DC10 maybe? Inters, Edition, Players,... and any that pop up inbetween :) Wouldnt mind going to a chavy show as there usually quite entertaining.

Next update- hot off the press!! Really gathering momentum now!

Shots of the wiring showing it fully insulated

89b00de3.jpg

5299e80a.jpg

e0360320.jpg

The next shots show the secured cabling, soundproofing and insulation

12c27b85.jpg

d90cccb0.jpg

4747137b.jpg

32448716.jpg

The bootbuild goes another stage..

1a19e1c8.jpg

The dash starts to get some clothes on!!

63fcc210.jpg

28ca5272.jpg

I'm loving the TT vents against the black leather!

30d55200.jpg

Getting much closer now!!

ive been perving over this topic for a bit now, looks like its coming along nicely

going to be epic cant wait for it to be finished :)

Cheers Joey! Getting closer and closer!

The car is slowly getting back together!

The original oem underlay has gone back in..

5a008116.jpg

more pics to follow very soon...