Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

looking stella mate cant wait until i get mine back from the powdercoaters next week so i can build mine back up now

Thanks loopzmatt and amber!

Cheers Dubsy - I bet you can't wait! Did you go for a particular colour or is that under wraps? Stu :D

Thanks loopzmatt and amber!

Cheers Dubsy - I bet you can't wait! Did you go for a particular colour or is that under wraps? Stu :D

the colour had to be ordered from columbia of all places dont no why :huh: i told the powdercoater what i wanted and he came back with the perfect match hes never used it before but the colour chip looks awesome in the sunlight pics will be up soon plus some of the nice big 4 pots that will sit behind them :shades:

the colour had to be ordered from columbia of all places dont no why :huh: i told the powdercoater what i wanted and he came back with the perfect match hes never used it before but the colour chip looks awesome in the sunlight pics will be up soon plus some of the nice big 4 pots that will sit behind them :shades:

I'm liking the sound of that dubsy! Sounds like it's gonna look awesome!!

Thanks for the kind words Gilybob. Yes I think keeping them looking nice will be a full time occupation!

And Cheers Linesy!

Top work dude, I wasn't so sure when I saw so many speaker locations but the clocks in the dash centre have changed my mind.

Hope it sounds as good as it looks!

Thankyou very much Tigz! :D If truth be known I was still a little unsure at the start :blush: but as the project has gone on I've liked it more and more! Must say I'm Really looking forward to the finishing surfaces being 'mated' to the dash so that it can be finally been seen in all it's glory!

You would be very welcome to have a demo and try it out with a favourite tune or two. The more I've got into car stereo the more I've realised that it's not just good enough to have good kit. The fitting and build is imperative to get it sounding optimal- hence the effort that's been taken!

the wheels are effing nice dude!

just intrigued to see how they will fit? Muchos rub??

Cheers Dude! Yours are also very nice!

Well, the wheels havnt all been made up yet and the Weitecs aren't on so we will have to see!

The rears will take the most adjustment/camber being 9's but fronts hopefully not so much being 8,s.

I think 9's on the front would have been pushing it a little and would look a bit gokartish.

It's really important for the whole project to look 'right'. The more I get into the watercooled scene the more I realise the preoccupation with stance!

Not only will wheels be built up but this weekend the dash and door panels start to get covered!

As I write also there are some custom interior 'bits' being made to make the project stand out further- can't wait!!

A really really interesting build youve got going on! im quite gobsmacked!

cant wait to see if finished!

Thankyou Verity! :D

Glad you've found the project interesting! It's really gathering momentum now. The aim is to get it ready for Dub Mania-so not long now. If all goes to plan there should be lots of updates over the next couple weeks! If possible it might be @ the modified nationals at the end of the month to compete in it's first soundoff competition and give the system a shakedown!

it would make my show to see this at mod nats :)

Cheers fella! Much appreciated :D

Will still have some work to do on the loop for Dub Mania I reckon but the plan is to have the ICE aspect up and rockin'!

The weird thing is I've already committed myself to the plymouth Volksfest for the bank holiday as we are sharing a trade stall with our friends, so it will be James who is fitting all ice stuff, going and not me! :wacko:

if it's there it will be where they are doing the EMMA soundoff in the sound quality section.

I'm so excited about getting my car back on the road - I've been using my van as a daily since January!!

Right... Next update... There is going to be a lot of updates over the next few weeks!!

Rear sub panels showing the overall shaping - yet to be covered

1d8fe8dc.jpg

da9acc80.jpg

Front door lower paneis starting to shape up!

d1a7b789.jpg

255f5742.jpg

The Weitec hicons do thier duties!!

df1aeec5.jpg

Can't wait to see what it looks like with the 003's!! Il know by end of week! Bring it on!!

Edited by One life. Live it!

Rear subs look sweet!! :thumbsup:

Cheers Scotty! :D

I cannot wait to hear the system in full throng! Although it might not seem believable looking at it, as it is, my Lupo has been entered for it's first EMMA soundoff next weekend- May bank holiday!!

Bring. It. On. B)

Cheers Scotty! :D

I cannot wait to hear the system in full throng! Although it might not seem believable looking at it, as it is, my Lupo has been entered for it's first EMMA soundoff next weekend- May bank holiday!!

Bring. It. On. B)

Your right i don't believe it!! :lol: Good luck with it, im sure it will sound huge! :thumbup: