Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

That looks crazy man! Kudos for taking on a project like that... it's cool to see the kinda skill people have on here. Looking forward to seeing the next stages of development.

Hey Pro3mark- seating arrangement is still staying although all the fixings and subframes have been adjusted to fit an Audi TT interior. All of the speakers however will be adjusted with different time alignment so the sound will be very balanced. It will the first time I've used a processor in an install. From what I've read and heard this makes a huge difference in the quality of the sound. Each speaker can be adjusted for correct frequency and time delay to allow for some speakers being closer to the driver.

The sound will be set for driving position which is how it will be tested in the sound offs.

Even though the loop will be show standard it will be my everyday car so it's better to be set to the driver as 95% of the time It's just me in it!

Which brings me to my next point xwardo- this install is way beyond my own capabilities and I've got the chap who did my transporter - James of direct current- to do the install.

For this kind of work i leave it to the professionals! The processor is all set up on a laptop and I read the manual that came with it and it gave me brainfreeze!

I've got to say it's a bit scary seeing the loop in this state if undress(!) but it will be well worth it when it's done! :D

Edited by One life. Live it!

hey dubsy! I've seen your install on the site and it's awesome!

The 3 ways are going to be running active through a audison bit1.

The subs are ones I havnt tried but been recommended on talk audio- cdt 6.8's.

One will be ported in box and one sealed - the strengthening has begun! Yes would be interested to hear your system. U going to UD? ;-)

im not going to ud,s fella ive got to much going on with the car at the moment so it wont be ready for a few months im hoping itll be ready for the end of may as for the cdt,s they should be pretty much perfect for what your wanting to achieve they do take some time to wear in and come to life and should get better and better each time you listen to them, looking forward to see how you progress hats off to you for trying something different, different is good!

im not going to ud,s fella ive got to much going on with the car at the moment so it wont be ready for a few months im hoping itll be ready for the end of may as for the cdt,s they should be pretty much perfect for what your wanting to achieve they do take some time to wear in and come to life and should get better and better each time you listen to them, looking forward to see how you progress hats off to you for trying something different, different is good!

cheers dubsy! :)

What u upto with your lup at the moment?

Glad u agree with cdt's - definately looking forward to hearing them!

Youll have to let us know what shows ur doin!

cheers dubsy! :)

What u upto with your lup at the moment?

Glad u agree with cdt's - definately looking forward to hearing them!

Youll have to let us know what shows ur doin!

well where do i start ive got my new coilovers to fit after hitting a pothole at 60mph, 280 mil brake conversion which i need to fit im currently building up some bbs rm,s and the 20v conversion i thinks thats enough for now :lol: i will definetly be at gti international, the vw festival and e38 and probably more in between

well where do i start ive got my new coilovers to fit after hitting a pothole at 60mph, 280 mil brake conversion which i need to fit im currently building up some bbs rm,s and the 20v conversion i thinks thats enough for now :lol: i will definetly be at gti international, the vw festival and e38 and probably more in between

not much then really!!! ;-)

good luck with all that and look forward to seeing it in the flesh!

I'd like to go to gti show and def go to edition- will be going to a few transporter shows too in my T3 whilst the loops still in bits.

Keep me posted on ur progress!

Still don't see how this is OEM+ at all, but looks like an awesome build!

I'm still waiting for someone to say 'you're ruining a rare car' :lol:

Kudos for doing such a big job! Gonna be cool when done!

Still don't see how this is OEM+ at all, but looks like an awesome build!

I'm still waiting for someone to say 'you're ruining a rare car' :lol:

Kudos for doing such a big job! Gonna be cool when done!

hey cafcross! Interesting issues raised, and from others. Its got me thinking now!

The build uses parts from vag group -audi seats front and back and we have leather to match throughout. There will be other Vw and Audi parts added but there are, and will be elements going beyond this. I thought this is the + bit of oem? I guess if you look at some others lupo's on here it doesn't follow a traditional path but I never wanted that.

I take your point that some people might see it as ruining a rare car but i'm passionate about ' making the car my own'. When the car is complete I know other enthusiasts will appreciate the work gone into it- some with love it. and some not, but ultimately it's for me. I know im going to be excited to drive it and this project is a dream build - pushing further than I ever have done before. It's a long way from my first car - 1972 mini clubman-.with my centrebore exhaust and my goodmans speakers!!!

And loopzmatt....... I can't wait either!! ;-)

Next installment....

d9e389fd.jpg

f327d102.jpg

more shaping and smoothing of dash

The fibreglass internals used for inside the 3/4 rear panels for strengthening - one side sealed and one side ported to give different bass range.

361de0b3.jpg

cc6bb2a7.jpg

fibreglass section in place.

rear three quarter panels - more strengthening to help reduce vibration and provide solid base for bass!!

looking good mate theres no going back now :lol:

cheers dubsy! Right in the thick of it hey?!! (as I'm sure you are?!)

hard to vision it sometimes- especially when you see all that dust and mess, but it will look, and sound amazing!

was nice to meet you on Sunday mate :) dash is looknig good, cant wait to see how this turns out!

Alex

likewise Alex! Good to meet you too! Your car was looking stunning I must say! You must be well happy? Really liked your detailing on your dash - very nice!

Have you got any further plans or are you just going to enjoy it now?

likewise Alex! Good to meet you too! Your car was looking stunning I must say! You must be well happy? Really liked your detailing on your dash - very nice!

Have you got any further plans or are you just going to enjoy it now?

Thankyou :) I was really pleased with how it had turned out, some more plans for summer but im going to enjoy it for a while and let my bank balance recover lol

WHAT THE HELLLL!!!!!!

insane, but i am interested to see the outcome :)

I'm hoping the outcome won't be TOO long little green giant!

:-)

Was nice to meet you Sunday! Hopefully see you at alot of the aircooled shows, can't wait for them!

yes Nice to meet you too! :-)

we will be going to tredegar house next over Easter and Bristol volksfest. Would like to go to more watercooled specific shows too though. ( you never know it might even be in my loop!)

Pics sent over from the workshop!

Here's the next installment.....

There has been yet more sound deadening added upfront - man, this loop is gonna be ROCK SOLID!!

7b6c46f2.jpg

The doors are also being sealed to give the woofer some more kick- avit'!!

Next the dash has recieved a bit of treatment. The midrange speakers will also act sealed and the tweeters a solid support.

Sound deadened, then the gap covered, then sealed with filler.

2a0bb7b2.jpg

445f23c1.jpg

Then the top is covered over ready to fill over

fbc1c4da.jpg

6e0c5a7b.jpg

152fa7f7.jpg

The rear boxes which hold the sub speakers within the rear 3/4 panels are currently being tested.. Pics to follow...

Wow this has to be my fav thread at the moment.

And i spotted the Hertz boxes :wub:

Looking forward to seeing and hearing how this comes out, keep up the mad work :shades:

Oh and thanks for the gti seats aswell, there amazing.

Holy s**t! How much MaxMat did you buy!

Hey Ben - well there has been four boxes of 40 sheets used in the whole install -that's everywhere though- dash, floors, doors, boot, roof, etc Does look a bit mad at the moment and I can't wait for the kit to go in to see what a difference it makes- especially on the road!

Some transformation this is going to be, yeah im not gonna be the first to turn round and say its wasting a GTI because folk can do what they like with them.. but jesus this is gonna weigh a ton when finished :lol: You wont need coilovers lol