3D Lupo with added "GTi" (3DSMAX+VRay) [+ Mustang]

DarkStryder360

superb strydes superb. on another note we need another plymouth meet!!

Cheers dude :cheeky:

And you really need to get yourself on here:

http://www.swdubs.co.uk/forum/index.php

Theres one Plym meet a month I think, but its usually on a day I cant make it. Sign up and check out Show and Meet section :Angel:

Did some moar:

moarmain.jpg

stereot.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Epic work there. Got an idea for some inspiration for you though... a Lupo pickup? Not a tiny one, reasonable size loading bed!

Did this a very long time ago, back when my car looked like ... stupid.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44942

I forgot how cool it looked, will deffo give this a go some time this year!

Cheers for all the comments, I am intrigued also by a Lupo Coupé.. imagine it looking similar to the Mini Coupé, which looks sick!

And, for the lulz, again:

engineik.jpg

Plus some random rimming for Uni presentation:

rimsn.jpg

...Qué?

rat.jpg

Edited by DarkStryder360

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, You have some beautiful renderings there, I'm currently in my 3rd year doing Product Design, Industrial & Transport. as far as poly modelling goes I'm pretty s**t . I'm more familiar with Solidworks for modelling and using 3D StudioMax for rendering. I just wish I had your skills. I've always wanted to do a model of my MK4 with R32 kit, and an 83 sport quattro

IMAG0053-1.jpg

I even downloaded a 3d model of the golf, but just don't get time to do anything. Just fannying about doing reports and daft assignments and an absolutely shocking dissertation

Haha that last lupo reminds me of my old car which I really regret selling now.

100_3900.jpg

I'm gonna get another one shortly 1.4 tdi gti. my final year uni projct is going to be an Electric Vehicle I was going to base it on a 1.4tdi lupo's chassis, redesign the interior and exterior shell and incorporate 2 x 75kw rear hub motors to give an extra 100bhp.

This is a brilliant thread btw. awesome skills.

Edited by clout1207

• 1 month later...

Firstly, You have some beautiful renderings there, I'm currently in my 3rd year doing Product Design, Industrial & Transport. as far as poly modelling goes I'm pretty s**t . I'm more familiar with Solidworks for modelling and using 3D StudioMax for rendering. I just wish I had your skills. I've always wanted to do a model of my MK4 with R32 kit, and an 83 sport quattro

I even downloaded a 3d model of the golf, but just don't get time to do anything. Just fannying about doing reports and daft assignments and an absolutely shocking dissertation

Haha that last lupo reminds me of my old car which I really regret selling now.

I'm gonna get another one shortly 1.4 tdi gti. my final year uni projct is going to be an Electric Vehicle I was going to base it on a 1.4tdi lupo's chassis, redesign the interior and exterior shell and incorporate 2 x 75kw rear hub motors to give an extra 100bhp.

This is a brilliant thread btw. awesome skills.

Cheers for the comments buddy! Your course sounds pretty awesome! Wish there was one like that around my area. I have never used Solidworks, anything that isnt 3DS confusing the sh*t out of me! Its well easy dude, there is a tutorial I did, taught me everything. Pretty extensive, time consuming, but worth it!!

I know what you mean about time constraints. Luckily I can do what the Hell I want on my course, 3rd Year also, doing Game Design, but there is also the dissertation side.. 6000 works. FML!

Your idea sounds brill dude, at least you're thinking about powering the future whilst studying lol. I am just making 3D cars :lol:

BTW that Lupo and Golf are ruddy stunning!

-

With that, I wanted to do a Lupo GTi after entering the NEED FOR SPEED thread in Members, coming across ---Carl---'s posts of this sexual GTi!

5058048940_0833786149_b.jpg

So I spent my day today, modifying my regular Lupo into a GTi. And it wasn't as easy as I had hoped. The GTi is sooooooo fricking different to the regular lot. Hence why I need GTi owners, or superfans to tell me where I have gone wrong!

58945370.jpg

raewr.jpg

*rear wheel is mean't to have Camber, yet it just looks retarded.

*pretty sure the rear bumper needs to be bigger.

*need to add a spoiler to the rear.

*front needs GTi headlights and fogs.

*will add a Cupra Splitter as.. they look the dogs bawls!

Thanks for any possible suggestions!!

Some nice work!

The reason the wheels are sticking out is because they are a little wide. The arches don't look quite flared enough either.

Apart from that it looks fairly good to me (even if it is missing an aerial ;))

Edited by NOCK

Some nice work!

The reason the wheels are sticking out is because they are a little wide. The arches don't look quite flared enough either.

Apart from that it looks fairly good to me (even if it is missing an aerial ;))

Its all about the arches, its what makes the GTi look distinctive, so hopefully I have sorted that!

Did the aerial ;) hehe.

dude thanks alot for using my car to make that model ! really appreciate it :wub:

could you do it with the smooth bumper and boot :blush: ? would be awsome !

Man your GTi makes me fizz inside. Have you a Hi Res version of the Rear shot you put up? I would love that as my background, to everything.

Here is some of the work I had done on it today:

64429688.jpg

rear2.jpg

*Input needed on the rear, I changed the size of the boot and heightened the rear bumper as I think it looks better, although staring at it all day, all I see are pixels.

*added aerial :P

*added spoiler.

*smoothed front bumper and rear.

*more curved and angled grill and badge.

*had a blaze at trying to get the arches right. Still aint happy with them.

*changed the TH Lines to give a more 'stretch' look.

looks great, thintk the rear bit of roof needs to come down and in a bit at the top and sides, it looks a bit too flat at the back, and the sides need to be angled in very slightly, the rear arches look a bit sharp to the bodywork. but otherwise utterly fantastic!

omg lol I can't even tell you how awsome you are!! That is incredible :D

That pic I posted is the large version on my flickr, the origional has been deleted off my cam now sorry

Thanks dude!

Thanks lol, I be thanking you with that spunk mobile. T'is inspiring, as you can tell.

And.. do you have any other pictures, hi res, of the rear??

Jesus stryder you have some skills with 3DS MAX. I can just about manage solidworks :lol: .

Jesus Stryder, has a ring to it :lol: ... Cheers dude :) Solidworks its alot more technical though isn't it, 3DS is the "basic" premium 3D modelling package. I have tried other and they fizzle my brain!

looks great, thintk the rear bit of roof needs to come down and in a bit at the top and sides, it looks a bit too flat at the back, and the sides need to be angled in very slightly, the rear arches look a bit sharp to the bodywork. but otherwise utterly fantastic!

Cheers dude! If you can, can you draw a line or try and PS what you mean in regards to the roof as with the sides, just a line will do :) The arches are proper annoying, will be getting them sorted before the next renders!

99568333.jpg

intfs.jpg

rear4.jpg

Used Interior from old Lupo, and the seats were taken straight out of the Ken Block Fiesta. Just wanted something a bit better to look at than some boxy seats. Oh and a Momo wheel. Fo' real!...

Been a busy sausage today.

*took forever, but wanted to get some GTi headlights in, despite lacking the indicator part (to come).

*also, angle of the fog lights changed.

*Leon Cupra Splitter, doesn't look right, looks too small?

*front windscreen wiper gutter, which I call my personal swimming pool on my own car.

*moved the exhaust and hole up more after staring at Carl's picture all day.

*plug for 'dewiper' rear ;)

I think its nearly done, will take all the advice on board and get it looking swish. Currently at 650,000 polys, and for anyone that doesn't understand.. that's a stupid amount. And I haven't even done the rear lights, or all the interior yet. Hopefully my PC can handle it!

If your not getting paid to do this kinda stuff, you need to be! I havnt got any other pics of the rear nah :(

Love what your doin! You've captured the stance perfectly <3

Honestly, that's the dream job. One day, one day.

Aw man you need to get out and take some pics. Properly stunning motor.

Cheers dude, will try and get it looking perfect in due course!

looks nice but theres some really tiny details that kinda throws it. the main thing being the shape at th eback., on the real lupo they start to taper in at the top from around half to 3/4 the way up the lights where as yours doesnt, also the rear lights look to tall, and the littl edimple missing from the drivers side light, also the fron tlights look like the slope back too much, not really major thing but would make it looke a bit better propertions wise,