3D Lupo with added "GTi" (3DSMAX+VRay) [+ Mustang]

DarkStryder360

somehow the back looks much more accurate witht he vw badge on it, dunno why, just looks more in proportion. Looking great!

Cheers, still not happy with it, needs moar workkk dayam :angry:

looks nice but theres some really tiny details that kinda throws it. the main thing being the shape at th eback., on the real lupo they start to taper in at the top from around half to 3/4 the way up the lights where as yours doesnt, also the rear lights look to tall, and the littl edimple missing from the drivers side light, also the fron tlights look like the slope back too much, not really major thing but would make it looke a bit better propertions wise,

I have come to the conclusion that the headlights, were infact the worst part of the car, hence why this stood out to me! Strived today to get the positioning right. (headlights themselves will be remodelled due to them being way to high poly)

New<

Old>

63909211.jpg

90279213.jpg

Which is better?

With your other points, I find it valuable to figure out kinks in the design, so if you could just take a picture into PS and draw a line as to where it should be going, so I know what you mean. Would be damn helpful.

Edited by DarkStryder360

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the lights look waay better and this is what i meant about the rear

also notive the rear lights slope at the top rather than startight across like on yours,

dont really mean to nit pick but its things that can easily be changed but will overall improve the likeness of the model

rearg.jpg

Edited by jamiea7x

the lights look waay better and this is what i meant about the rear

also notive the rear lights slope at the top rather than startight across like on yours,

dont really mean to nit pick but its things that can easily be changed but will overall improve the likeness of the model

rearg.jpg

LOL its what I asked for. After staring at something so long its hard to notice the little bits, yet they're important. Completely see what ya mean now. Will sort that out.

The heads, you think more vertical stance or as they are?

seeing that pic, hes spot on with what need adjusting at the back end with lights, also, i think the exhaust is slightly bigger in the picture? and the bottom flares in the bumper are slightly more defined in the picture. and do the edges on the plate recess come in towards the plate slightly? also, just doing the black edge on the rear windscreen would hurry up finishing the back. can u gonna put heated wires in the rear screen?

looks a very close match in those images tho.

seeing that pic, hes spot on with what need adjusting at the back end with lights, also, i think the exhaust is slightly bigger in the picture? and the bottom flares in the bumper are slightly more defined in the picture. and do the edges on the plate recess come in towards the plate slightly? also, just doing the black edge on the rear windscreen would hurry up finishing the back. can u gonna put heated wires in the rear screen?

looks a very close match in those images tho.

I have given it a bigger exhaust now that you have mentioned it!.. I reckon as well as the bumper flare, the bottom part is too big so I am going to rework the rear half of the car as the rear side windows aren't sloped enough at the back either. Yeh I will be doing the black part and the heater wires once I figure out how :lol:

the headlights seem ok as they are ,

Cheers dude. Did some renders playing with car paint materials. Cannot get it looking realistic, but this is the closest so far :angry:

And yeh, just going to redo the rear end, especially the bottom bumper, lights and boot shape.

attemp1.jpg

attemp2.jpg

And a little tyre texture I haz been workings on:

bumprenderwheel4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

amazing dude !

top work :blush:

amzingly impressive! i'm in awe!!

Thanks both for the comments. Means alot :D

Also, had an important deadline today, which was more writing than physical work..... so I spent the day modelling this as I haven't had the time to get down and nail the Lupo model, as I need to churn out more of other things :P

14092789.jpg

Edited by DarkStryder360

awesome render mate! couldmaybe do with another light source, but im liking the moody feel

Cheers dude, don't see myself doing a better render for a long time :(

I know what you mean with new light source, I am just learning still and have just realised how lighting works, properly, on this.. just like real life, set up a multitude of reflective panels :blush: .. Now I just need to be a Photographer to understand lighting bit more :lol:

Some more test renders.

And a red scene for kicks.

newshaders3.jpg

newshaders2.jpg

• 2 months later...

Also, didn't come out too bad! Roughly marked out, as no doubt in wrong position.

oneliferear.jpg

Added the boot handle, GTI badge, also played around still with the rear end tail-light and side groove light meeting point. Still not happy with it, looks worse if anything.

And of course, camber is present.

Just did another render whilst typing, and came out like this. Tail lights still need proper work.

oneliferearcolourtest.jpg

Edited by DarkStryder360

• 4 weeks later...