fuel flap?

gazzm

has anyone had trouble with their fuel flap? mine doesnt quite shut fully. it looks like the petrol cap is sitting proud. dont know if its bad workmanship, ha ha, or whether i need a shallower cap. yes i know its still under warranty but i thought id ask first....

No I have not had that problem but my boot release has broken twice, when someone tries to open the boot when you press the remote locking button, something happens and it stops working with the central locking.

It's bluming annoying.

Sorry a bit of a hijack.

I still think it's a good car for the money.

Edited by FLO7LXJ

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No I have not had that problem but my boot release has broken twice, when someone tryes to open the boot when you press the remote locking butten, somthing happens and it stops working with the centeral locking.

It's buming anying.

Sorry a bit of a hijack.

I still think it's a good car for the money.

haha.. mines broken twice too...

• 2 weeks later...

finally took car in to dealer, they say theyve not seen fault before. they have ordered new filler neck and flap.......we will see if it works....wife thinks its hilarious, cos her golf is better build quality, i said she should be driving the fox and ill have the golf. hahahah........anyway got service done for £98, didnt think that was bad.

oh, and i only read the report when i got home and it says , both rear lights "condensed ". ill be having a word when i go back. cars only 12 month old

• 2 weeks later...

My new fox fuel flap is slightly out of alignment. I checked all the other fox's on the forecourt and they are all the same. As they are connected to the 'neck' as a complete unit I imagine that they could be adjusted. My old Seat Arosa had 3 fitted under warranty. They warped with age and stuck out from the bodywork. Seat eventualy made them a bit stronger and the last one was ok. The Fox flap on mine would fit perfectly with adjustment if that was possible, ie it is the correct shape.

Your service was cheap, the dealer told me VW 1'st service was minimum £160. Thats why I took the 3 year service deal at £250

Steve

Edited by old steve

i havnt had a problem with my petrol cap but my passenger door has dropped ever since i got a new one due to someone crashing into me.. you actually have to slam it into oblivion.. and i know theyre hard to shut anyway but this is 10 times worse.. and my last service was £330 @ 40 000 miles.. :(

i also had the free servicing up to 40000 miles so unluckily i did have to pay for this...

When I first took delivery of my Urban Fox (brand new) the cap was sitting proud so obviously I wasn't going to let them get away with it. Took over 2 months to sort. Something to do with them having to order a completely new part on back order? Think it was just bad workmanship anyway.....

i havnt had a problem with my petrol cap but my passenger door has dropped ever since i got a new one due to someone crashing into me.. you actually have to slam it into oblivion.. and i know theyre hard to shut anyway but this is 10 times worse.. and my last service was £330 @ 40 000 miles.. :(

i also had the free servicing up to 40000 miles so unluckily i did have to pay for this...

You should take your car back to the repairers. They should easily adjust the door and there should be no charge

You should take your car back to the repairers. They should easily adjust the door and there should be no charge

yea i took it in a couple of weeks ago to get it done.. they did it but then after a day or 2 it went again... i just cant be bothered to keep going back every month to get something fixed for it to brake again...